Older Ultralight Asymmetric - problems?

Hennessy changed the spelling? I guess this is the Ultralite Backpacker A-Sym Classic now? I believe I bought mine in 2002.

I'm getting ready to sell this thing and I want to know if there's anything I need to worry about and can fix or easily retrofit before I send it out? I don't want to upgrade it, but I absolutely want it to work. I would just try it out, but sadly I now exceed the 200 pound weight limitation by more than a few pounds. Oh, and I already have a buyer lined up, sorry.

It has been stored indoors in its stuff sack the entire time. It was dry when I stored, so there's no moisture or mildew.

One thing I'm worried about is that there are zip ties where the hammock attaches to the ridge line.

I only used it a couple times, so the rest of the hammock is in nearly new condition. I had one of the prussic knot cords snap...I'm going to redo that. The other one worked fine when I set it up today, but should I replace the cord on that one too? I looked at the rest pretty close and was happy with what I saw....it's what I can't see that worries me.

Please let me know if there's anything I should be worried about or if a picture of any particular area would help.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leaftye View Post
    One thing I'm worried about is that there are zip ties where the hammock attaches to the ridge line.
    The zip ties hold a small water-proof case over the knot at the end of the hammock. I have removed mine, permanently, as I installed whoopie slings. No big deal there.

• + New Posts