OMW or Dutch Wide
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ Dutch
    That's some good thinking there.

I agree, please keep us informed.

Quote Originally Posted by tygr View Post
    I asked if I could order a 20-degree Burrow TQ with a 0-degree foot box. The idea behind that is that I can always layer more tops and pants as needed, but you can only do so much with your feet. This keeps the weight down, while providing the most warmth where needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Now that's a slick idea ... let us know how that works out for ya!

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle
    Tarp
    HG Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Hawkeye, you simply crack me up, still smiling from your vid.
    Just wanted to support you and emphasis your point about Hammock Gear's customer service since I don't produce great videos.

I am the guy Fronkey mentioned in his post regarding Adam driving 3 hours one way to personally deliver both my Phoenix UQ and cuben tarp to my door step at 10 pm so I could catch a plane early the next morning for Duluth and the Noerthern Hang. Wow, that is a giant leap above and beyond after a long hard day of sewing and running his cottage business.

I would also comment that the new cuben tarp was exposed to constant relentless winds for three nights with on the scene recorded wind gusts into the 40's and the tarp held up outstandingly well without evidence of any wind damage. The Phoenix 20*UQ kept be toasty despite all that wind chill and freezing night time temps. My money, as well as my mouth, supports Hammock Gear 110%.

Thank you so much for making such a wonderful video to support HG

Bluejeans

Hammock
    i like my HH
    Tarp
    no preference(yet)
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    what came/w the HH
    Though I don't know either of the two kind folks over at hammockgear, their reputation preceeds them. Entertaining intro on the vid. Quite funny indeed.

Sunny
    "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    While I won't go into all the details; my 27 year old son borrowed his mom's 20 degree Burrow for a New Years camp and while being a bonehead let it blow into the camp fire. Smallish hole he says but we don't want the down explosion it would take to inspect it. He will be repairing it and buying his mom another. Contacting Adam and Jen was quick and let's just say that the customer service end never ceases to amaze. The customer service of HF's cottage vendors is top notch but in my semi limited experience HG rules the roost.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejeans View Post
    Hawkeye, you simply crack me up, still smiling from your vid.
    Just wanted to support you and emphasis your point about Hammock Gear's customer service since I don't produce great videos.

I am the guy Fronkey mentioned in his post regarding Adam driving 3 hours one way to personally deliver both my Phoenix UQ and cuben tarp to my door step at 10 pm so I could catch a plane early the next morning for Duluth and the Noerthern Hang. Wow, that is a giant leap above and beyond after a long hard day of sewing and running his cottage business.

I would also comment that the new cuben tarp was exposed to constant relentless winds for three nights with on the scene recorded wind gusts into the 40's and the tarp held up outstandingly well without evidence of any wind damage. The Phoenix 20*UQ kept be toasty despite all that wind chill and freezing night time temps. My money, as well as my mouth, supports Hammock Gear 110%.

Thank you so much for making such a wonderful video to support HG

Bluejeans
    Well thank you ... glad you enjoyed it. Yeah Adam and Jenny are the best. Good to hear that about the tarp. Sure is a lot tougher than it initially seems!

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    Though I don't know either of the two kind folks over at hammockgear, their reputation preceeds them. Entertaining intro on the vid. Quite funny indeed.

Sunny
    Thank you Sunny glad you got a chuckle ... my weird sense of humor gets me a few laughs and a lot of stares and head shakes .... but that's OK. Even my lovely wife will give me the "look" on occasion!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dbl
    Tarp
    Edge w/ Dutch CRL
    Insulation
    MambaTQ/PhoenixUQ
    Suspension
    D. Buckle/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tygr View Post
    I'm sure they have a great product. I'm a little frustrated though.

I've sent two emails now ([email protected]), one yesterday and one on Dec 22, and so far have received no response to my question about them customizing a top quilt I'm interested in. If they don't do customizing, I'm fine with that. I'd just like a reply saying so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    First page of their website:

Because of the volume of orders, we are working around the clock to get your order out, and as quickly as humanly possible, before Christmas. Please forgive us if we are not able to do so. The volume of emails received about order inquiries make it a bit challenging to stop production and answer emails. Shipping confirmations will be sent out as soon as it's out the door. MANY thanks for your patience and support!

So tie that to the holidays and as they said above ... "thanks for your patience". They will get back to you of that I'm certain.

I just ordered a custom Phoenix from Adam and Jenny, and I had some emails back and forth with Jenny beforehand. Yadda yadda yadda... when it came time to order, I was already in a time crunch. Similar situation about the emails... but Adam and Jenny are "known" for surprise quilts arriving at your doorstep when you start to lose hope. They git-r-done! Sure enough they emailed me and stated that my quilt was being worked on as I read that email and it will be out by the end of the week.... just in time! No one does it better! Maybe I should tell them I need it hand delivered... they could use a trip out to the NW anyways, right? :roll eyes:

Happy Hangin'
    Ben
    Pass the Apple Pie

Great customer service?????? From who???? Certainly not from the Crow clan!

Great show there Hawk-eye your talents with the camera are gettin pretty good there my friend!

You know I greatly appreciate all the vendors here on HF and they all do a fantastic job, but Adam and Jenny are at the top in my book, they will do as much as they can to help out the customer, some forget that this ain't REI or Backcountry.com where your order ships right after you push the order button or have 10 or so people just answering the phone's and emails! They are a family owned and run business, out of their house and deal with hundreds of emails/calls/and orders and almost every order is made to order (unless you are sheer lucky and they had it in stock)!

They came from hard times and have done a outstanding job and I firmly firmly believe that what goes around comes around, and to that end, thank you HammockGear for all that you have done not just for me, but all the HF members!
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranky Bear View Post
    Great customer service?????? From who???? Certainly not from the Crow clan!

Great show there Hawk-eye your talents with the camera are gettin pretty good there my friend!
    Ha .. thanks pal ... well getting a wee bit better with some of the effects but I'm pretty sure that even old Ed Wood Jr himself wouldn't have hired me as an actor!

They came from hard times and have done a outstanding job and I firmly firmly believe that what goes around comes around, and to that end, thank you HammockGear for all that you have done not just for me, but all the HF members!
    HERE HERE! Well said!

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    phoenix underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    You know I greatly appreciate all the vendors here on HF and they all do a fantastic job, but Adam and Jenny are at the top in my book, they will do as much as they can to help out the customer, some forget that this ain't REI or Backcountry.com where your order ships right after you push the order button or have 10 or so people just answering the phone's and emails! They are a family owned and run business, out of their house and deal with hundreds of emails/calls/and orders and almost every order is made to order (unless you are sheer lucky and they had it in stock)!

+1, Very well said Cranky Bear.

I've ordered several items form HG over this past year and every time I have had to correspond with Adam or Jenny they have been prompt with their replies, and very responsive to my questions and concerns. I too believe that they are on top of the many very good venders he on HF.

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

holy smokes!

Wow, and....just WOW.

We just don't know what to say. That video was as gracious as it was hilarious, Hawkeye. Jenny and I were completely blown away when we saw it. It was very unexpected and humbling. Obviously we are not perfect, and we know folks sometimes are on the receiving end of a less than stellar speed of service. The graciousness and forgiving nature of everyone who had to be patient waiting for their gear is the motivation to always improve and to continue to try and provide the best service we can. We are indebted to fantastic community that makes up Hammock Forums. When we see comments like the ones in this thread, we are both honored and proud. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Stormcrow and Thorwren

p.s. Sorry about hitting you with the box.
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast