Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    4S cuben
    Insulation
    down
    This state park is just outside Helen, GA. The blurb below I copied from their website. It's worth a visit even if you don't stay there.

"Smithgall Woods is an angler’s paradise. One of north Georgia’s premier trout streams, Dukes Creek, runs through this spectacular mountain property and is a favorite for catch-and-release fishing. To ensure a quality experience, the number of anglers is limited and fishing is offered only on certain days. As a result, anglers should call ahead for reservations. Five miles of trails and 18 miles of roads allow hikers and bicyclists to explore hardwoods, streams and wildlife."

Reservations (800) 864-7275
    Park (706) 878-3087

Hammock
    hammaka, diy tablecloth
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    web
    if you hear a banjo start playing, RLH. thats where deliverance was filmed at. lol
    you cant please everyone, so ya got to please yourself. - ricky nelson

HYOH

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    [QUOTE=Doodad;768406]This state park is just outside Helen, GA. The blurb below I copied from their website. It's worth a visit even if you don't stay there.

"Smithgall Woods is an angler’s paradise. One of north Georgia’s premier trout streams, Dukes Creek, runs through this spectacular mountain property and is a favorite for catch-and-release fishing. To ensure a quality experience, the number of anglers is limited and fishing is offered only on certain days. As a result, anglers should call ahead for reservations. Five miles of trails and 18 miles of roads allow hikers and bicyclists to explore hardwoods, streams and wildlife."

Reservations (800) 864-7275
    Park (706) 878-3087[/QUOTE
    That place is 5 min from my house. Never been in there tho. Dont think theres any camping there tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyrat View Post
    if you hear a banjo start playing, RLH. thats where deliverance was filmed at. lol
    They just had a deliverance festival in Rabun where it was filmed. A buddy of mine got his picture taken with the banjo kid.

Hammock
    Tablecloth w/ fronkey net
    Tarp
    Toxaway
    Insulation
    TUCKuilt, pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies & straps
    My favorite spot for trout and getting out into nature, please don't laugh, is called "Sandy Bottoms" It's a pay when you get there by putting you money in an metal tube outside of Clayton off of 76.
    Last edited by Tuck; 07-14-2012 at 23:18.

Hammock
    DIY hammock, or modified ENO DN
    Tarp
    Varies
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would recommend Chattahoochee River road (also known as Poplar Stump road) right outside of Helen, the Chattahoochee river runs right alongside the road and stays well stocked with trout. There are quite a few free primitive sites along the road, and there is also a small campground by the name of Upper Chattahoochee River Campground on the road if your looking for a few more amenities.
    Definitely worth checkin' out.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.9DL, DIY 12'
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge River
    Suspension
    JRB Tri-Glides
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    I would recommend Chattahoochee River road (also known as Poplar Stump road) right outside of Helen, the Chattahoochee river runs right alongside the road and stays well stocked with trout. There are quite a few free primitive sites along the road, and there is also a small campground by the name of Upper Chattahoochee River Campground on the road if your looking for a few more amenities.
    Definitely worth checkin' out.
    Upper Chattachoochee or Andrews Cove sound great. Close to Helen also if we wanna get out of the woods for a bit (I know, who'd wanna do that, right?).
    If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse. Proverbs 27:14

Hammock
    DangerBird 72, WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF, WBSF
    Insulation
    AHE New River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    +1 for Sandy Bottoms. There are 2 Gov't campgrounds there both on the Tallulah river. Lots of fishing and trails close by leading to the AT. Been there many times but haven't been from there to the AT. There is a good loop, Standing Indian, we've been wanting to do.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    If you're gonna be in the Helen area, which is my neck of the woods, you should take a hike up Yonah Mountain, which is right behind my house. It's got a great view of the area from up top and ifyou time it right you might get to watch some rock climbers or even the army rangers training.
    What side of Jville do you live on? That's where I'm from.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.9DL, DIY 12'
    Tarp
    Warbonnet SuperFly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge River
    Suspension
    JRB Tri-Glides
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
    If you're gonna be in the Helen area, which is my neck of the woods, you should take a hike up Yonah Mountain, which is right behind my house. It's got a great view of the area from up top and ifyou time it right you might get to watch some rock climbers or even the army rangers training.
    What side of Jville do you live on? That's where I'm from.
    We'll have to look that up! Grew up around the Argyle area. Now live in Lake Shore near Avondale/Riverside. What about you?
    If a man loudly blesses his neighbor early in the morning, it will be taken as a curse. Proverbs 27:14

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
    We'll have to look that up! Grew up around the Argyle area. Now live in Lake Shore near Avondale/Riverside. What about you?
    Mostly Southside/Arlington, some Westside, and Riverside very briefly. Can't say I miss the place.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast