Tarp
    DIY Sil
    Insulation
    KickAss UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Kaq2

The second underquilt is complete and my wife is out back testing it out right now. This one has three layers of Climashield and she feels no cool spots so it must be working. We now have identical setups with the exception of the insulation and are ready for a weekend out soon. I actually used my "new" sewing machine to make this one, an old Kenmore that I worked over and it is running like new. I want to thank all of the DIYers for giving me information and motivation for trying this new method of camping. Hope I can repay the effort some day.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Post pics and we'll call it even...
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    HH Exped Asym
    Tarp
    DIY Sil
    Insulation
    KickAss UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I will do that tomorrow before I go to work. I just went out to check on my wife and she is sound asleep. I will take that as a good sign.

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gstepclassical View Post
    The second underquilt is complete and my wife is out back testing it out right now. This one has three layers of Climashield and she feels no cool spots so it must be working. We now have identical setups with the exception of the insulation and are ready for a weekend out soon. I actually used my "new" sewing machine to make this one, an old Kenmore that I worked over and it is running like new. I want to thank all of the DIYers for giving me information and motivation for trying this new method of camping. Hope I can repay the effort some day.
    Sounds like somebody owes you a couple of T-shirts...hmmm...
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    HH
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Homemade Quilts
    I'm getting ready to two KAQs as well. I have a big roll of Climashield. So, you did 3 layers? Thanks...

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    I meant to ask - what's the finished weight on the 3" quilt? Also, are you (or your wife) a cold sleeper? I think 2" is plenty for the average person into the 30's...maybe you just wanted more of a 4-season model?
    "Physics is the only true science. All else is stamp collecting." - J. J. Thompson

Hammock
    HH Exped Asym
    Tarp
    DIY Sil
    Insulation
    KickAss UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I used two layers for mine but my wife is a cold sleeper so she got three. BB I have not weighed it yet but I will let you know as soon as I do. I had mine down to 32 the other night and I was very comfortable. Sue will use hers all summer as she really likes it warm. Don't know how she can stand it myself.

Hammock
    Homemade Speer-type
    Tarp
    BlackCat
    Insulation
    Potomac UQ
    Suspension
    Homemade/CC Buckle
    Images
    I used two layers for mine but my wife is a cold sleeper so she got three. BB I have not weighed it yet but I will let you know as soon as I do. I had mine down to 32 the other night and I was very comfortable. Sue will use hers all summer as she really likes it warm. Don't know how she can stand it myself.
    Wow...I don't sleep with ANYTHING underneath above about 65 or so.

Hammock
    HH Exped Asym
    Tarp
    DIY Sil
    Insulation
    KickAss UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Here are a some of pictures of the second quilt. I have not had a chance to weigh it yet but that will happen as soon as I take it down.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery...&imageuser=250
    http://www.hammockforums.net/gallery....php?i=681&c=4

The HH in the back is my son's and I have room for another so we can all hang in the back at the same time. I have also posted a couple of shots of the new machine.

It was really nasty looking when I got it home and it needed some attention in the mechanical department as well. Runs great now and is somewhat presentable.
    Last edited by gstepclassical; 03-22-2007 at 11:00.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Great job with the underquilts, and with the machine clean-up. Everything looks great!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast