ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Just ordered my JRB Hudson River today. So excited...I put a post up a while back asking about what other options outside of JRB and Speer that you can purchase a production Down UQ from. After hearing that JRB and Speer are basically the only ones I made up my mind to go with JRB. For the price and posts on this forum about how well they preform I figure I cant go wrong. I am confident it should do me proud as with everyone else out there that owns one.

P.S. Jack if your reading this..... Thanks a ton for changing my shipping address so easily and getting it out on the truck the same day I ordered it. I am gonna sleep in this thing the very night I get it so I will deff post a reee-port of some kind. And my temps here (30-20F at night) will be putting it through its paces for sure. I love being able to field test in my backyard.
    Last edited by RTR; 10-22-2008 at 21:15. Reason: Just looked at the weather and the next few days are gonna be cool.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    You will be a happy camper that's for sure. I love my two JRB quilts.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    Just ordered my JRB Hudson River today. So excited...I put a post up a while back asking about what other options outside of JRB and Speer that you can purchase a production Down UQ from. After hearing that JRB and Speer are basically the only ones I made up my mind to go with JRB. For the price and posts on this forum about how well they preform I figure I cant go wrong. I am confident it should do me proud as with everyone else out there that owns one.

P.S. Jack if your reading this..... Thanks a ton for changing my shipping address so easily and getting it out on the truck the same day I ordered it. I am gonna sleep in this thing the very night I get it so I will deff post a reee-port of some kind. And my temps here (30-20F at night) will be putting it through its paces for sure. I love being able to field test in my backyard.
    RTR,

Glad to be of service with the change of shipping request....

This happens all the time..... When folks send an email minutes after their order, like you did, it is easy....

Often such requests , even after an hour, have already been shipped by JRB.... Good news is JRB does such a volume with the local post, they let us reclaim and relable so long as it is the same day.

Let us know when you get your Hudson River quilt.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images

Talking Holy Smokes

I think my quilt is here, ether some where in my office building or the Post Office. I received an e-mail saying it was delivered to "The Unit". Now again which "Unit" it is I am not sure of. After I checked with the Receptionist she said it wasn't delivered to her yet. I am gonna hunt this sucker down if it is here and remove the middle man from my delivery. Like I always say "Like a kid on Christmas Eve" Reply back with more info

Found out that the dang Run-of-the-mill mail comes here at the end of the day so now I gotta sit here for 4 1/2 more hours waiting, watching the window till he comes.
    Last edited by RTR; 10-24-2008 at 13:23. Reason: Update on Hunt!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7Dbl
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Straps dutch-clips
    My Hudson River quilt arrived yesterday.
    As expected, the construction quality is excellent.
    Can't wait to get out and use it.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images

Happy Happy Camper Tonight

So right after I sent the last update the receptionist called and said I had a package. I made it down to her desk before she could finish signing the delivery guys book. So I bring it to my desk where my fellow co-workers looked on as I opened it wondering what the heck I was so excited about. At first they looked at me like I was high to be so excited to get a blanket but once they felt it and realized how light and fluffy it was they seemed to start eying it up like hungry wolves. Mind you they still have no clue what its for outside of knowing it is some warm camping blanket, or something or other, I have been talking about for a week.

First Impression: FREAKIN SWEET
    Second First Impression: SWEEEEEEEEEEET
    Third First Impression: Yeaaaaaaaaa Me!

Honestly this thing is perfect. I even like the green on it which I thought was going to be to bright. I had intended to hang it with the black facing out but now I am thinking differently. The women I work with was the most interested as she sews a bunch and understands the quality and how cheap it was knowing what material, time invested and down coasts. I explained about the mesh baffles and she thought that was a "Super" idea knowing that down needs circulation to loft to its fullest potential. She is the one that gave me lessons on sewing 101. Which I have mastered to about 1.

So I will post my experience after I get her setup tonight and get me some cool weather sleeping done in my kit.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    So right after I sent the last update the receptionist called and said I had a package. I made it down to her desk before she could finish signing the delivery guys book. So I bring it to my desk where my fellow co-workers looked on as I opened it wondering what the heck I was so excited about. At first they looked at me like I was high to be so excited to get a blanket but once they felt it and realized how light and fluffy it was they seemed to start eying it up like hungry wolves. Mind you they still have no clue what its for outside of knowing it is some warm camping blanket, or something or other, I have been talking about for a week.

First Impression: FREAKIN SWEET
    Second First Impression: SWEEEEEEEEEEET
    Third First Impression: Yeaaaaaaaaa Me!

Honestly this thing is perfect. I even like the green on it which I thought was going to be to bright. I had intended to hang it with the black facing out but now I am thinking differently. The women I work with was the most interested as she sews a bunch and understands the quality and how cheap it was knowing what material, time invested and down coasts. I explained about the mesh baffles and she thought that was a "Super" idea knowing that down needs circulation to loft to its fullest potential. She is the one that gave me lessons on sewing 101. Which I have mastered to about 1.

So I will post my experience after I get her setup tonight and get me some cool weather sleeping done in my kit.
    RTR,

There are supposed to be a dozen "E"s in SWEEEEEEEEEEEET...

Enjoy!

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter_pan View Post
    RTR,

There are supposed to be a dozen "E"s in SWEEEEEEEEEEEET...

Enjoy!

Pan
    Heck as stoked as I am I will see your 12 and raise you another dozen E's.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images

Thumbs up Last Nights Hang with my new JRB Hudson River

Ok so I got home and started to fiddle with the UQ right away. Found out that as everyone says they are a bit difficult to hang and get right to start with but after a slight adjustment here and a little tweek here I was able to get what I thought was a perfect fit. Wasn't tired yet so I figured I could just see what the best top blanket, and combo of sleeping cloths I should wear. I'd say it got down to about 32*F and with a TQ I made out of an old lightweight sleeping bag, fleece pants and shirt, polypropylene long johns and t-shirt and wool cap and socks, I slept OK with a little bit of cool, not cold spots here and there. I needed to put on a fleece jacket later that night and found that my head cinch area was hanging way to low. I cinched it up some and tightened my suspension a few inches. Not sure if it slipped or I needed it tighter to begin with and just didn't notice it. That did it, pulled the sides in tighter around my shoulders and made the cool spot right under my shoulders and mid back get toasty. I slept untill about 8 o'clock without even flinching. Got up let the dog out (Or "IN" not sure which in the case of sleeping outside)and went back to loafing for another few minutes. Gonna try it again tonight without the Fleece jacket again and see what happens. I think I may have to adjust my sag because I seem to get a cool spot under my but. I think i am just compressing the loft to much and feeling the cold there more.So if I tighten my hang a little Imay be able to lift myself a half inch more and that should do it. All in all I love this thing. Nothing I hacked into existence as a DIY'er could come close to the way this preformed. I am sure with more experience in using it I will find out how to dial it in just the way me likes. Sleeping without a pad is worth the cash alone.....so comfy without a pad. I am sure I would be able to hit these temp with my DIY SPE but the comfort is without a doubt worth the extra few ounces and the fact I don't have to keep track of and find a place for four wings in my pack is also a huge plus to me. I use my pad as my pack suspension and also as my foot mat for getting in and out of my rack, putting on shoes and as a big sit mat so it will always come with me in case I ever need to GTG.

Thanks again Jacks for being excellent at what you do.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Ok so I got home and started to fiddle with the UQ right away. Found out that as everyone says they are a bit difficult to hang and get right to start with but after a slight adjustment here and a little tweek here I was able to get what I thought was a perfect fit. Wasn't tired yet so I figured I could just see what the best top blanket, and combo of sleeping cloths I should wear. I'd say it got down to about 32*F and with a TQ I made out of an old lightweight sleeping bag, fleece pants and shirt, polypropylene long johns and t-shirt and wool cap and socks, I slept OK with a little bit of cool, not cold spots here and there. I needed to put on a fleece jacket later that night and found that my head cinch area was hanging way to low. I cinched it up some and tightened my suspension a few inches. Not sure if it slipped or I needed it tighter to begin with and just didn't notice it. That did it, pulled the sides in tighter around my shoulders and made the cool spot right under my shoulders and mid back get toasty. I slept untill about 8 o'clock without even flinching. Got up let the dog out (Or "IN" not sure which in the case of sleeping outside)and went back to loafing for another few minutes. Gonna try it again tonight without the Fleece jacket again and see what happens. I think I may have to adjust my sag because I seem to get a cool spot under my but. I think i am just compressing the loft to much and feeling the cold there more.So if I tighten my hang a little Imay be able to lift myself a half inch more and that should do it. All in all I love this thing. Nothing I hacked into existence as a DIY'er could come close to the way this preformed. I am sure with more experience in using it I will find out how to dial it in just the way me likes. Sleeping without a pad is worth the cash alone.....so comfy without a pad. I am sure I would be able to hit these temp with my DIY SPE but the comfort is without a doubt worth the extra few ounces and the fact I don't have to keep track of and find a place for four wings in my pack is also a huge plus to me. I use my pad as my pack suspension and also as my foot mat for getting in and out of my rack, putting on shoes and as a big sit mat so it will always come with me in case I ever need to GTG.

Thanks again Jacks for being excellent at what you do.
    RTR,

We are glad that you are so well pleased with your under quilt, and the extra space it leaves in your hammock....

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

• + New Posts