Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

My Molly MacPack

Just received a MMP in the mail this week and taking it out to the woods tomorrow for a winter overnight trip. Photo below is a winter load out for sleeping on the ground. Ran into some problems with my hammock last time out so I will be sleeping on the ground tomorrow.

I'll try to get some better photos of the pack out in the woods tomorrow. I'm really loving how the pack fits around the house. I will be busting trail tomorrow through 12" to 14" of snow for 1/2 mile to my campsite so it will be a good test.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Quilts
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Nice looking gear. Those look like MSR Ascents or similar. Definitely my favorite pair of snowshoes ever.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Congrats on a nice piece of gear!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    I keep looking at that pa k and wondering if its worth it... Seems like a lot of money for what you get, but I am in love with the idea of it... So I go back and forth...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    I keep looking at that pa k and wondering if its worth it... Seems like a lot of money for what you get, but I am in love with the idea of it... So I go back and forth...
    For a modular setup it is the best one I have seen. Easy to add or drop items from and you can get the UL 30l bag for a one bag system. Really neat

Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    If your loads are going to vary significantly by trip, it's probably the nicest pack out there. The ability to go from just a waist pack for dayhikes all the way up to expedition-level packing for deep winter trips with little to no snow makes it a true winner.

Somewhere, there's a video of WV carrying firewood at the MAHHA (sp?) on one...it's worth looking up.

That pack is bombproof and about as lightweight as something that durable ever gets (heck, it's lightweight even for "lightweight" packs; the only ones out there I'm familiar with that are lighter don't have frames).

The only drawback (though it could be argued that this is a feature rather than a bug) is that you need to be organized to get the best use out of it. You need to put your kitchen in one sack, your sleep system in another, etc.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    I can carry things with my MollyMacPack that no other will manage as easily - tools (including chainsaw), firewood (lots of it), pulk (makes some winter stream crossings possible), "goat droppings" (ask a Gorge Rat) - as well as hammocks, clothing, and food. I don't use it for every hike, but I could.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Old Man Winter
    Insulation
    Quilts + Body Fat
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by breyman View Post
    Nice looking gear. Those look like MSR Ascents or similar. Definitely my favorite pair of snowshoes ever.
    MSR Lightning Axis, 30", actually.

I actually did not end up going out today, the wind is gusting above 40 MPH where I want to camp and I just did not feel like dealing with the wind today. Hopefully tomorrow I can get out.

Images
    Here is a pic from a Sipsey Halloween hang bout 3 years back, showing the oh so handy front pack.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...4&d=1257180291

I wish I had a picture of the back, where i had every thing from sil-nylon stuff sacks to those giant zip lock cloths storage bags strapped onto that sucker. Kept very thing dry during lots of rain. It was my 1st time ever using it, but MacEntyre ( who designed it ) was there to give me any tips on correct usage.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/a...2&d=1257180043

This was the first pack where I noticed, with any loads I have used with it, essentially an end to lower back pain. I'm pretty sure having a fair amount of weight ( water, GPs, lots of dense stuff, headlights,some food etc) in that front pack is not only handy, but really helps the comfort.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    You know I like this forum for its focus... We talk about hammocks and hammocking... And that lessens the drastic affect this place has one my wallet... And then these threads come up and totally ruin that whole little practice for me...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast