DIY Stretch-Side
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Nest
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Images
    Jumping in late here but I believe it's totally appropriate for a hanger to report an equipment failure no matter who the manufacturer is. Sharing information is why we have a forum.

We're doing the hammock community an injustice when we start giving special treatment to certain suppliers, even Dutch.
    Knotty
    "Don't speak unless it improves the silence." -proverb
    DIY Gathered End Hammock
    DIY Stretch-Side Hammock
    Stretch-Side "Knotty Mod"
    DIY Bugnet

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Knotty View Post
    Jumping in late here but I believe it's totally appropriate for a hanger to report an equipment failure no matter who the manufacturer is. Sharing information is why we have a forum.

We're doing the hammock community an injustice when we start giving special treatment to certain suppliers, even Dutch.
    That's very true ... but I'd like to see each of us try to determine if it's gear related error, OPERATOR error, a manufacturing defect or a design defect before we broadcast any issues with a vendor's product.

If we don't it can generate an unfair tidal wave of posts ... mostly speculating (human nature) ... before the root cause is determined. Not just this case but any of the vendors.

I've had defects on product I've bought from HF vendors ... but there was no need to broadcast it unless I found it un-resolvable with the vendor or something they didn't stand behind. I think it's good to post things we find are our own (operator) error using equipment. That helps everyone, and the manufacture in making sure his gear is used as he intended. This issue has a possible safety issue to it but to me there's not enough information to effectively make a post about it till it's been reviewed by the user and the producer to determine the problem.

One of the things that makes me "see red" as Karl would say ... out in the real world ... are things like happened to one of the greatest climbing gear manufacturers in the world Yvon Chouinard. Due to lawsuits blaming the climbers foolish use of equipment or lack of experience ... on the equipment. Long story and you can find online I'd bet ... but around the late 80's he filed bankrupcy from all the liability suits and the company was purchased by former employees and is now Black Diamond. That should have never happened.

This is not to that extreme of course but it goes to my thoughts on getting the facts and handling things off the grid before going on the grid.

Climbing off the soap box ...

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Guys - I think this thread has run its course, and we're no longer talking about the OP's point. I'm gonna close it until we have some facts to discuss.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789