HH Hyperlite, exped., chrysalis
    Tarp
    HH Explorer UL XL
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Stock (so far)

Chrysalis and whoopie slings

Anybody have any pictures on how you attached the whoopie slings to the Chrysalis? I've never used WS as I am new to hanging, but I definately want to get rid of those buckles! I love the way mine feels, lays really flat. With everything closed I can get a bit seasick without the use of guylines (next time). Other than that I loved it. I just have to start doing the mods to get it where I want it. Thanks, I appreciate the wealth of knowledge that comes together here!

Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    I took two inches off the head end spreader bar with a tubing cutter made for cutting copper plumbing line. No noticeable difference in shoulder room but more comfy than the really tight fabric under my head. The new version has added more fabric to achieve the same thing.
    Did you decide to lop off 2 inches at once, or in increments?

Could you possibly achieve the same effect with cutting less?

Quote Originally Posted by garethkerlin View Post
    Anybody have any pictures on how you attached the whoopie slings to the Chrysalis? I've never used WS as I am new to hanging, but I definately want to get rid of those buckles! I love the way mine feels, lays really flat. With everything closed I can get a bit seasick without the use of guylines (next time). Other than that I loved it. I just have to start doing the mods to get it where I want it. Thanks, I appreciate the wealth of knowledge that comes together here!

I just unbolted the metal apparatus, and put the loop of the whoopie sling through the webbed opening that was left. You achieve the same result with a carabiner.

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorguy View Post
    Did you decide to lop off 2 inches at once, or in increments?

Could you possibly achieve the same effect with cutting less?
    Edit: I cut a piece of 1/2 copper tubing I had laying around to try it first ... less might be OK, depends on how much the tight fabric under your head bothers you. I now use a thin pillow where before the cut I could go without one but it isn't as comfy as with one.

Hammock
    Switchback/Treklite
    Tarp
    BWDD WinterDream
    Insulation
    IX 5-in-1/WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies/TL Stand
    Quote Originally Posted by inspectorguy View Post
    I just unbolted the metal apparatus, and put the loop of the whoopie sling through the webbed opening that was left.
    +1 This is what I did, too. Pass the fixed ege loop of the whoopie through the webbing loop; feed the rest of the whoopie length through the small fixed eye and draw it up tight to form a larkshead. Then the variable loop goes up to your tree hugger arrangement. I used webbing strap with a dutch clip and a marlin spike with a short piece of wooden dowel for a toggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Danalex View Post
    Edit: I cut a piece of 1/2 copper tubing I had laying around to try it first ... less might be OK, depends on how much the tight fabric under your head bothers you. I now use a thin pillow where before the cut I could go without one but it isn't as comfy as with one.
    Thanks!

I have some copper pipe lying around. I may experiment a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by garethkerlin View Post
    Pictures attached at end of first post of this thread.
    Last edited by BER; 03-23-2011 at 23:00. Reason: Spelling

Hammock
    Warbonnet XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie/Costco TopQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Ring Buckle
    After more than a year of being here, I'm embarrassed that I can't figure out how to add my suspension to the Chrysalis. I used a dyneema and descending ring setup on my gathered end hammock and am trying to use the same here.

Can't figure it out.

Do I have to switch to whoopie slings?

You don't have to use whoopies (though they make life easy). You can just larks head straps or line onto the webbing loops at the ends of the hammock body similar to this picture.. You just need a loop on the end of your line or strap.

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    Well I got home from the Hospital yesterday,,, and talked my son, into babysitting me for a short while,,,,,so I could fiddle with the Chrysalis hammock.

I really dont think I would have been interested in one at the regular price. but the $99. was in my goof off range.

The first thing I took off the top and put an ENO bug guard on it.....NO Way.....didnt fit.

So I put the top back on and just laid in it for a little while....(I had been laying on my back tied to a heart monitor and a short leash on my IV,,,,, so any laying down was uncomfortable)

For me, I am not going to change a thing for now. It appears to be a heavy duty rig, and will have its place during the fall, winter and early spring around here.
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

• + New Posts
  • Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast