DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies

First Channeled Hammock

So I tackled a whipped end hammock and it is still working. Next I wanted to see if I can make a channeled one and here it is.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367008313.469615.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367008331.034588.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367008344.587532.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367008360.574030.jpg

Worked out (so far) and I think next I will try an integrated bug net.....
    ~My therapist has told me that the first step to recovery is admitting my problem, Hello I'm a Hammockolic~

Images
    Good work, great first hammock! You might want to put on a ridgeline to keep your sag just right no matter what.

The channel end hammock is pretty easy if you are not scared of the sewing machine (Thread Injector). I sew 3 lines through mine just to be super sure. Also save your self some hassle and try using the iron and a few towels laid out on your floor before sewing so you can get those ends folded just right - I fold one end down about 8 inches (iron it) then fold it down again 4 inches (iron it)...repeat on the other end. Then sew 3 lines. Drop the locked brummel end of your whoopie sling (Or a continous loop if you want) in the channel and larks head it through. Done!

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: First Channeled Hammock

Is that embroidered or silk screened on?

That's nuts, you and your perfectly straight stitches... But I can take it and outrun you
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies

First Channeled Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by thenate1 View Post
    Good work, great first hammock! You might want to put on a ridgeline to keep your sag just right no matter what.

The channel end hammock is pretty easy if you are not scared of the sewing machine (Thread Injector). I sew 3 lines through mine just to be super sure. Also save your self some hassle and try using the iron and a few towels laid out on your floor before sewing so you can get those ends folded just right - I fold one end down about 8 inches (iron it) then fold it down again 4 inches (iron it)...repeat on the other end. Then sew 3 lines. Drop the locked brummel end of your whoopie sling (Or a continous loop if you want) in the channel and larks head it through. Done!
    Great tips, thanks for that, I'm pretty proud on my first try....but there is always room for improvement...
    ~My therapist has told me that the first step to recovery is admitting my problem, Hello I'm a Hammockolic~

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies

First Channeled Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    Is that embroidered or silk screened on?

That's nuts, you and your perfectly straight stitches... But I can take it and outrun you
    It's Sublimated, it goes straight into the fabric, sweet process. Ya about those lines.....I'll give you my secret at a hang some time.
    And no question you can out ran me brother, forget running, you can out walk me too....

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: First Channeled Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by The Hammock Life View Post
    It's Sublimated, it goes straight into the fabric, sweet process. Ya about those lines.....I'll give you my secret at a hang some time.
    And no question you can out ran me brother, forget running, you can out walk me too....
    Not too long from now your long legs will out gait my short legs and all will be right with the world once again... Yeah sublimation is an awesome process...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Good job!!

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies

First Channeled Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Good job!!
    I appreciate it....

Hammock
    DIY The Green Machine
    Tarp
    Tad Pole
    Insulation
    TQ TBA UQ HG 20
    Suspension
    UCR Whoopies

First Channeled Hammock

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    Not too long from now your long legs will out gait my short legs and all will be right with the world once again... Yeah sublimation is an awesome process...
    I got much practice ahead of me.....

• + New Posts