UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Rook is still in! Like flint!
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My adventure starts on Sat. Me and Trasher (my doggie Bens' trail name) are leaving with the family to an "Apple Festival" ( crafts, food, music and fall stuff), with a picnic on the river complete with a pick-a-nick basket. Then catch a ride to a home coming party weekend at Clarion university. Stay the night at a friends, catch a 70ish mile ride east. Spend another night. Another ride. A short 30ish mile hitch, a stealth camp somewhere. Hook up with MML and spend a night at his house . Then on to Gathland for the pre hike! Whew! A lot of adventure just gettin started! I hope that time slows down and it will be a never ending 10 or 12 day deal.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    11' Mutton Chop
    Tarp
    Camo Cuben Palace
    Insulation
    Loco Libre!
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    My adventure starts on Sat. Me and Trasher (my doggie Bens' trail name) are leaving with the family to an "Apple Festival" ( crafts, food, music and fall stuff), with a picnic on the river complete with a pick-a-nick basket. Then catch a ride to a home coming party weekend at Clarion university. Stay the night at a friends, catch a 70ish mile ride east. Spend another night. Another ride. A short 30ish mile hitch, a stealth camp somewhere. Hook up with MML and spend a night at his house . Then on to Gathland for the pre hike! Whew! A lot of adventure just gettin started! I hope that time slows down and it will be a never ending 10 or 12 day deal.
    Doood, chill. You're too tense!
    perrito

"If a man speaks in the woods, and there is no woman there to hear, is he still wrong?"

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by perrito View Post
    Doood, chill. You're too tense!
    Bahhaaaaa! Someone gets it! Schweet!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    Ok - Change of plans! In an attempt to lighten my load I've ordered some new gear that won't be here until Wednesday - so I'll miss the carpool. I'll leave when I get the gear and head to where everyone's parking and hike South until I run into you guys.
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm out the door. I'm leaving on the first part of the journey. I'll see ya when i see ya! I'm on the way. ( and trasher too, my dog. )

Hammock
    Hammeck Envy-S
    Tarp
    Dutchware tarp
    Insulation
    HG phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie dutchware
    Images
    How far is it from the parking site to the hang site? We are bringing things and trying to gage how far a walk.
    Peggy & Russ --The Jerzybears -

I do not read advertisements. I would spend all of my time wanting things.
    -Franz Kafka

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images

Pre-Hikers Meeting Wednesday

Wednesday Pre-hike Loop from Gathland to HF/back to Gathland:
    MML, Rook, kayak karl, ferret, sweetbabyd, Two Tents,Bear Chaser, WV, Black Wolf

Thursday Pre-Hike Carpool: SilvrSurfr, perrito

WV mentioned meeting at noon ... if we're going to hang around Weverton Cliffs .. this would be a good time ... the Cliffs are about 3 hours hike away ... at the bottom is where the AT the C&O towpath meet ... there's shelter on the C&O as well .. we can check out HF Thursday .. or if any wants to there's a few side trails at HF... Maryland Heights and the Loudoun Heights Trails if anyone might wanna check one of this out... short but strenuous ...

SilvrSurfr, perrito ... not sure if you found parking ... there is overnight parking at the Maryland Heights Trail head and one where the C&O meets the AT... this might be a place to meet up ...

I'm locked and loaded ... looking to hammer down the last few details with the pre-hike loop ...
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    One of Eight
    Tarp
    Cuban Baby !!
    Insulation
    I'm Down
    Suspension
    MYOG, whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    I expect to carry a fair amount of water, but we may be able to catch rainwater off our tarps.
    Looks like catching water won't be a problem ... here's the forecast from NOAA ... bring your rain gear...

Wednesday: Rain. High near 64. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thursday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
    "The wise man questions others wisdom because he questions his own, the foolish man because it is different from his own." Leo Stein

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL

see you wednesday at Gathland

Quote Originally Posted by Black Wolf View Post
    Looks like catching water won't be a problem ... here's the forecast from NOAA ... bring your rain gear...

Wednesday: Rain. High near 64. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thursday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 74. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 64.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 63.
    Black Wolf - i will be at Gathland wednesday whatever time the group needs me to be there. would you like us to all meet by 12:00? that works for me, i'm about 4.5 hours away.
    how much water are you taking?
    thanks again for getting the hike together. i will be sporting my dri ducks.
    looking forward to seeing my old friends and making new ones
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast