DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    I think it costs $100/year or more depending on how much its used. I looked into it for work years ago but never went thru with it. It works great but I'm fine with just going to Google and using it the way described above.

Just a side note: as with any other forum, I always wondered how much new threads would decrease if everyone used the seach efficiently all the time. 25%? 50%?

For instance, how many "Sleeping bag as UQ?" or "Which tarp for my ____ hammock?" or "Calf ridge problem" threads have we had? I'm not making fun of anyone, heck, I'm guilty of one of these examples. But I don't necessarily see it as a problem either; it's nice to "refresh" some threads sometimes instead of just pasting a million links at a newbie asking a common question.

I guess it just comes down to a good balance of briefly answering the same questions and referencing a few "oldie but goodies" links. I've noticed Shug is very good at this, offering a quick answer and video to follow up.

Images
    Maybe just try updating your search engine. One thing I like about this site is that it isn't full of commercial advertisements.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    We are a revision (or three) behind on the forum software. We'll discuss it amongst the mods.

We see the value, but it is a matter of time and priority. FYI: Customization of the forum code has a ripple effect of making it harder to upgrade in the future.

Again, great suggestion, we'll take it under advisement.

John
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markr6 View Post
    I think it costs $100/year or more depending on how much its used. I looked into it for work years ago but never went thru with it. It works great but I'm fine with just going to Google and using it the way described above.

Just a side note: as with any other forum, I always wondered how much new threads would decrease if everyone used the seach efficiently all the time. 25%? 50%?

For instance, how many "Sleeping bag as UQ?" or "Which tarp for my ____ hammock?" or "Calf ridge problem" threads have we had? I'm not making fun of anyone, heck, I'm guilty of one of these examples. But I don't necessarily see it as a problem either; it's nice to "refresh" some threads sometimes instead of just pasting a million links at a newbie asking a common question.

I guess it just comes down to a good balance of briefly answering the same questions and referencing a few "oldie but goodies" links. I've noticed Shug is very good at this, offering a quick answer and video to follow up.
    Good points, I wouldn't want the Mods to have to spend extra money just to add a search bar, and I also wouldn't want to see the forum activity decrease just because it was suddenly easier for people to search for the answer they are looking for.

I notice similar questions pop up frequently and I try to help with them as best I can, or point them towards a thread with all the information they need to decide on what the right answer is for them. Shug certainly has a great arsenal of Hammocking videos that answer many of our more frequently asked questions, and they do come in very handy. I've even pointed new people towards his Hammock newbie videos a time or two when people are obivously new and have no idea what they are doing.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12