Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just got back.

Images
    Sounds like the pad is moving and you are with the pad. I did not have any problems with the same pad in my HH.

Someone here or on WB suggested putting shelf liners or something else on the bottom of your pad to keep it from moving.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    This one has be because I have the same setup and I have never had this problem. I do not have a full length blue pad though. I have my pad so that it covers my upper torso only. I have never tried a full length pad in my hammock. maybe if yours is full length this could be the issue. Or maybe with the excitement of the first part of you hike you were tossing and turning in your sleep.

Hammock
    Hennesy ULBA
    Tarp
    Macat D
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveler
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock engineer View Post
    Sounds like the pad is moving and you are with the pad. I did not have any problems with the same pad in my HH.

Someone here or on WB suggested putting shelf liners or something else on the bottom of your pad to keep it from moving.
    I might just give the shelfliner trick a go. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    This one has be because I have the same setup and I have never had this problem. I do not have a full length blue pad though. I have my pad so that it covers my upper torso only. I have never tried a full length pad in my hammock. maybe if yours is full length this could be the issue. Or maybe with the excitement of the first part of you hike you were tossing and turning in your sleep.
    Yes mine is close to full length. I have been thinking of cutting it down to cover my torso only. Also like you said about the excitement of my first night I may have been tossing and turning. Althjough I found myself in the same position when I woke that I went to sleep in. Thanks for the tips.
    A Bad Day On The Trail Is Better Than A Great Day At Work!!!

-.- -... ...-- ... -.-- --..

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Shakky, I used to use a blue pad. I cut the foot end a little narrower and at the headend to give it a more oval shape. This stopped it for moving around for me. I had the same problem you do but I would not move with the pad.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    Hennesy ULBA
    Tarp
    Macat D
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveler
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazilla View Post
    Shakky, I used to use a blue pad. I cut the foot end a little narrower and at the headend to give it a more oval shape. This stopped it for moving around for me. I had the same problem you do but I would not move with the pad.
    I think I'm going to give that a try. I just have to wait for the knee to heal then I plan on going out for a night or 3 and see what i can come up with.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyLeggs View Post
    I just got back. Here is the post as to why I had to cut my hike short;

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24431

I do have a question though. I had my Hammock set up at the Ed Garvey shelter.(not in) I had a great hang but no matter what I did I ended up sleeping on my bug netting. I used my JrB Nest, No Sniveller, and blue wally world pad. I slept in my t-shirt and shorts. Woke up a bit warm I only had my legs covered. But like I said no matter what I did I ended up on my bug netting. I wasn't tossing and turning but just could not get the bug netting to stay on top. I did not sleep well as it was my first night of the trip and that part was expected. I was sleepng 30 to 45 min at a time then I would wake up and try to readjust so the bug net was on top. Any Idea?

Well, this might be a terribly naive/stupid question, but how did your hammock manage to shift up over the ridgeline? did those side tie-outs come unstaked? were they staked out at all? (I freely admit) I have only seen the HH in pictures and websites, but one comment was they rocked so much less due to staking out the sides, I'm amazed at the thought of the whole hammock turning "upside-down"!
    Puzzled on your behalf, Betsy

Hammock
    Hennesy ULBA
    Tarp
    Macat D
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveler
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by beamarshall View Post
    Well, this might be a terribly naive/stupid question, but how did your hammock manage to shift up over the ridgeline? did those side tie-outs come unstaked? were they staked out at all? (I freely admit) I have only seen the HH in pictures and websites, but one comment was they rocked so much less due to staking out the sides, I'm amazed at the thought of the whole hammock turning "upside-down"!
    Puzzled on your behalf, Betsy

I am thinking the hammock was sliding under my pad. But I will get it figured out and corrected. Yes I did have the side tie-outs attached and they did not come undone

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12