Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by toygun View Post
    not to bump this off topic but 35 in MS in April is freaking nutty. (I can only hope it stays cool by mid may when my first trip take place). carry on and have fun!!

on second thought... bring it all and experiment. Southern humidity and all the rain we have blowing through this evening is gonna make everything moist this weekend anyways.
    I agree - nutty for sure. It'll be a flipin sauna next week. Gotta love MS weather cause you sure can't do nothing about it.

Thanks to everyone and the differing perspectives. I'm going with the CCF setup we used a couple months back (when it was supposed to be cold) that worked really well. We'll take a shot at this experiment on myself at a later freakish weather opportunity.

Hammock
    DIY or Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    DIY Silpoly
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Bonefire Deluxe
    Images
    If he's in a mummy bag with the reflectix under that, probably doable at 35*. Make sure you've got long johns to put on just in case. Have him start off with as little worn as he is comfortable, keep the additional layers in the bag, and add during the night as needed. Sleep on his jacket as extra too.

For me the bigger question is, have you ever slept on reflectix before? It's freakin noisy. One time my UQ got wet in a heavy rain (story for another time), and I used a couple of reflectix sit pads to sleep on rather than cut the trip short. I didn't sleep hardly any, not because I was cold, but the pads crinkled every time I inhaled or exhaled, let alone roll over. AAAHHHH!

My $0.02 --- go get some cheap CCF pads and sleep quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post
    If he's in a mummy bag with the reflectix under that, probably doable at 35*. Make sure you've got long johns to put on just in case. Have him start off with as little worn as he is comfortable, keep the additional layers in the bag, and add during the night as needed. Sleep on his jacket as extra too.

For me the bigger question is, have you ever slept on reflectix before? It's freakin noisy. One time my UQ got wet in a heavy rain (story for another time), and I used a couple of reflectix sit pads to sleep on rather than cut the trip short. I didn't sleep hardly any, not because I was cold, but the pads crinkled every time I inhaled or exhaled, let alone roll over. AAAHHHH!

How can you fall asleep moving?!?!

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!

Quick dumb question (Hopeing for a quick smart answer)

Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post

I suffered from the squirming of others on my last trip. CCF from Walmart is so much quieter!
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilprincess View Post
    I suffered from the squirming of others on my last trip. CCF from Walmart is so much quieter!
    I agree but that's why I did a 48" x 108" plank and cut them into 30" widths. Wally worlds CCF (and frankly, everyone else I've seen and heard of) are too narrow for me.

Our last time in the 30's I set him up with DIY CCF, 40* bag with another 40* bag for a TQ. He said he got a smig hot. Better that than cold for my concern. (It amazes me how much I can love these kids. God help me when they have my grandkids someday. I'll be complete worthless and pennyless.)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner; Chameleon
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    , (It amazes me how much I can love these kids. God help me when they have my grandkids someday. I'll be complete worthless and pennyless.)
    I can Identify! My three are adults now, and I still sit in wonder at the love that I have for them. I could wax philosophical/theological here but will restrain myself.
    Enjoy every minute with them...they will be grown and gone before you know it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12