Hammock
    WBBB, ENO DN, GTUL.
    Tarp
    Etowah 10x10 Camo
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, yeti 0*
    Suspension
    Stock WBBB
    I use army issue field pant linners they are the same as the field jacket linner and the poncho liner

ETA and cheap

I used to have a pair of flannel lined jeans from LLBean. Loved 'em till I hrew horizontally. Now I wear a pair of lounge pants (fleece or flanel) under my pants. Works great for scout trips when we are out all day even down to the 20's. if its too windy I add the rain gear pants.

One advantage is at night I just remove to outer layers and avoid any Youth Protection Issues.
    Life is Good!
    Hammocks * Scouts * Kites
    用心棒

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    I've never had this problem, to be honest. I wear a thin poly pro liner on my legs, then pants over them. Even in negative temps, my legs never really got unbearably cold. If they did, a few squat thrusts, and i was good. Generally though, never really had this problem

Thanks for the ideas gents/ladies?.......there is a simple solution but I think my preference for leggings is going to make the search a little more difficult and DIY.

I was and still am trying to avoid heavier insulating pants, my "rear" and upper legs are perfectly happy with the poly pros.(thanks to the UQ) And sometimes I have to pull them(polypros) down to avoid overheating mentioned parts above.

I think I sit in my hammock too much.....

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    I've never had this problem, to be honest. I wear a thin poly pro liner on my legs, then pants over them. Even in negative temps, my legs never really got unbearably cold. If they did, a few squat thrusts, and i was good. Generally though, never really had this problem
    I'm with you. I usually hike in nylon hiking pants into the single digits. After that, I'll wear merino long johns under them.

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffhanger View Post
    Thanks for the ideas gents/ladies?.......there is a simple solution but I think my preference for leggings is going to make the search a little more difficult and DIY.

I was and still am trying to avoid heavier insulating pants, my "rear" and upper legs are perfectly happy with the poly pros.(thanks to the UQ) And sometimes I have to pull them(polypros) down to avoid overheating mentioned parts above.

I think I sit in my hammock too much.....
    Have you tried a warmer hat? At 45, legs shouldn't be all that cold unless you're letting heat out from your head and core.

Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post

If I wore my somewhat windproof convertible pants over my polypros, I'd probably be warm.
    I'm considering using a pair of (clean) convertible pant leggings at the least to block wind.

I would wear my hiking pants over the polypros and be warm and comfortable... but, I'm anal about not letting my hiking clothes EVER touch my hammock or quilts. + I like to have a complete set of clothes for sleeping/camp that doens't share "components" with my daytime hiking clothes. Not very thru hiker like, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by wisenber View Post
    Have you tried a warmer hat? At 45, legs shouldn't be all that cold unless you're letting heat out from your head and core.
    I'm not sure on the exact numbers as far as temp goes.....I know at 32 degrees, I'm laying down while eating.

haven't tried a warmer hat... it could be that.
    I want to say I don't think it's that, but that could be it.

Images
    I've been thinking about getting some vapor barrier clothing like these http://warmlite.com/vapor-barrier-clothing.

If I can find me some of them ballet dancers, I'm a going to swipe me some of them leg warmers they dance around in. Might make me walk around kinda funny like, so I only plan to wear them sittin down. I reckon they ought to keep my legs warmed up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast