Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    You could organize your own group hang!
    Look at the bright side; you would have your choice of trees!

When is your tour up and do you know where you'll be next?
    Tried to last year. Yeah I have choice of trees, the only downside to the coconut palm are the 5lb seeds these things drop. Just cause their green don't mean they won't fall... My tour isn't up for Atleast 2 more years here and no clue to where I'm headed next, I do have ideas on where I would like to go though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    There can be only one... but you were here first. A dilemma. Also I'll take a trip out, Guam sounds a lot nice than a frosty Canadian winter hang right about now.

I just... need a hammock first.
    There's plenty of room in the ocean for more than one fish...we're the making of a school. The only question is once theirs enough "fish", will we call ourself a school of hammockers or will it remain a flock of hangers?

The hammock you choose for your first will always be dear to your heart as your gateway hammock, but you will probably get more just like everyone else does. What I would suggest is to get a tablecloth from tableclothsfactory and whip it with some paracord or whatever. Buy or make a whoopie sling kit from whoopie slings or BIAS or papa smurf, and get out there.

Flying fish are some of the most graceful yet awkward fish I have ever laid eyes upon. Hence the picture next to my name. It's awkward to see one fly but they do it gracefully especially for fish.

Welcome to this vast floating ocean fish, maybe yours will unfreeze soon. If you ever need a warm vacation and want to risk a coconut as an alarm clock, let me know and we'll work it out.

Disclaimer: I have just ended a 23 hour workday so I apologize if my philosophy seems a little weird...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Sounds like you have some recruiting to do Fish!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Sounds like you have some recruiting to do Fish!
    Can't do recruiting without some shirts mike. Howsa bout ya send a few free ones my way? Lol just kidding. I still sport my "gen-1" as I dub it...

Ok bed time. Good night, good flight forum members...
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Bias WWM, Double, Knotty
    Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    Hotspot, Thermapad
    Suspension
    Bias Whoopies
    Wonder if I could "Space A" a flight out there and back? That would be awesome.
    Pretty ironic that you are active duty and use a BIAS WWM as I'm retired USN, slept in my WWM and spent this past weekend with the BIAS guys (Brian and Shane) at a hang in Arkansas. :-)

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    There's plenty of room in the ocean for more than one fish...we're the making of a school. The only question is once theirs enough "fish", will we call ourself a school of hammockers or will it remain a flock of hangers?

The hammock you choose for your first will always be dear to your heart as your gateway hammock, but you will probably get more just like everyone else does. What I would suggest is to get a tablecloth from tableclothsfactory and whip it with some paracord or whatever. Buy or make a whoopie sling kit from whoopie slings or BIAS or papa smurf, and get out there.

Flying fish are some of the most graceful yet awkward fish I have ever laid eyes upon. Hence the picture next to my name. It's awkward to see one fly but they do it gracefully especially for fish.

Welcome to this vast floating ocean fish, maybe yours will unfreeze soon. If you ever need a warm vacation and want to risk a coconut as an alarm clock, let me know and we'll work it out.

Disclaimer: I have just ended a 23 hour workday so I apologize if my philosophy seems a little weird...
    Well stated, despite the lack of sleep! As for my first pick for a hammock, I've got an order in with Brandon at Warbonnet for a Blackbird 1.1 dbl and a Mamajamba tarp to match. Words can't explain how anxious I am for the last 4-5 feet of snow to melt away so I can get out there. My wife of course... she thinks I've lost my mind. Maybe I have. Already planning a solo hike and hang for late April, if I've received my equipment by then.

School of hangers. I think flock still works best.

Cheers!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 double layer
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/HG Pheonix
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images
    Hafa Adai! Your house looks like my house when I was as Andersen AFB in the 80s. Just don't let a cocoanut drop on you! Best to hang after a typhoon when all the cocoanuts have blown off

Hammock
    night owl
    Tarp
    diy big blue tarp
    Insulation
    diy JCP jacket uq,
    Suspension
    woooooopieee
    Images
    hum space A now thats a great idea, i could drive out to ca. gears turning

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Qwik and Lucky,

If you guys do wind up trying to space a it out here let me know. I have a certain time frame that this will work for. Being on sea duty (yep navy) Im sure you guys can understand I have operational commitments to plan around.

Hikingboots,

Its the same buildings as they were in the 80s. Not even supertyphoons can knock these things down...unfortunately...They do keep them up and modern with the renovations inside, but the outside I think are a sight for sore eyes.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyavmc View Post
    hum space A now thats a great idea, i could drive out to ca. gears turning
    I can also fly Space A. Does anyone know from which bases most military flights to Guam originate? This could be fun....I've done crazier things.

Miguel

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Hawaii Alaska and Japan are where I have seen the most come and go from.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast