11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    I received my new tarp and will post some pictures when I return home after this trip, but the black nice. I like it. If the tarp is set up in the sun it is reflective and almost silver. There is not a lot of privacy with the tarp, but I guess that's alright.
    Awesome, mines in the making. Look forward to.the pics.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FireInMyBones View Post
    I went with black, but it's more gray than anything (I hear). I'll be getting my cuben tarp in over the next few days, but I want some privacy.
    I don't think even the black cuben is gonna give much in the form of privacy. It's more like the kind of privacy you get from a shower curtain.

I've seen the green, black and "clear" tarps and they all look about the same to me. I just ordered mine from Adam and didn't even specify a color.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I don't think even the black cuben is gonna give much in the form of privacy. It's more like the kind of privacy you get from a shower curtain.

I've seen the green, black and "clear" tarps and they all look about the same to me. I just ordered mine from Adam and didn't even specify a color.
    Yeah, the more I learn its really not even an issue. Got a black SS and its barely grey/silver.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TallWv View Post
    Yeah, the more I learn its really not even an issue. Got a black SS and its barely grey/silver.
    Adam said, "What color do you want?" and I said, "the one that will get here fastest." As long as it's not fuchsia, though I doubt fuchsia would look different from any other cuben fiber "color."

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I went with a cat cut ridgeline because I like the tarp under the ridgeline. Adam said that ridgeline under tarp might cause abrasion of the cuben fiber, but I'm sure that doesn't stop them that like their ridgeline under the tarp.

I skipped the cat cut on the sides - I'd rather have as much coverage as possible. Some folks don't like the D-rings on the tie-outs but I'm not that much of a gram weenie. I'll cut them off if I ever get that obsessed.

Wife just checked the bank account and said, "What did you spend $300 on?" When I said tarp, she said, "So this tarp costs ten times the amount of the last tarp you bought?" She doesn't miss a thing - the last tarp I bought was a $29.95 Grand Trunk Funky Forest tarp.

I bought a four-pack of Duvel Belgian beer at $16 to celebrate my purchase.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    I went with a cat cut ridgeline because I like the tarp under the ridgeline. Adam said that ridgeline under tarp might cause abrasion of the cuben fiber, but I'm sure that doesn't stop them that like their ridgeline under the tarp.

I skipped the cat cut on the sides - I'd rather have as much coverage as possible. Some folks don't like the D-rings on the tie-outs but I'm not that much of a gram weenie. I'll cut them off if I ever get that obsessed.

Wife just checked the bank account and said, "What did you spend $300 on?" When I said tarp, she said, "So this tarp costs ten times the amount of the last tarp you bought?" She doesn't miss a thing - the last tarp I bought was a $29.95 Grand Trunk Funky Forest tarp.

I bought a four-pack of Duvel Belgian beer at $16 to celebrate my purchase.
    I like your style! Hahah. I just went with stock tarp aside from the color. We talked about the side cat cuts but I need alot more than a few inches. More like feet. Im 6'8" and a low pich is likely.to.put me crawling in and my UQ in the dirt. Gonna have to do some experimenting and maybe begging in the future for a true winter width. Dang cuben!!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TallWv View Post
    I like your style! Hahah. I just went with stock tarp aside from the color. We talked about the side cat cuts but I need alot more than a few inches. More like feet. Im 6'8" and a low pich is likely.to.put me crawling in and my UQ in the dirt. Gonna have to do some experimenting and maybe begging in the future for a true winter width. Dang cuben!!
    Ultimately I would prefer more than 8.5 foot width. WaterMonkey had a custom 4S cuben fiber tarp made that was wider, but now you're messing with the width of the standard CF roll so it's gonna get costly.

I'm going to try out the standard 4S HG cuben fiber tarp. If I don't like it, I can always sell it and get a custom wider one.

Hammock
    Bonefire™ Bridge
    Tarp
    Bonefire™ Shadow
    Insulation
    Bonefire™ UQ
    Suspension
    Bonefire™ Deluxe
    Images

Mine has a 10' (instead of the 11') cat cut ridgeline and I'll be testing the ridgeline under the tarp. I did go with cat cut sides. One other custom bit I did was had small "ties" to contain my doors when they are not in use so I would not have to keep up with mini clips like Shug uses.
    -Jeremy "Brother Bones"
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    ...he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    The fact that It's clear I'd why I want one. You can see animals or if someone is waking up one you
    "What one Man can do, another can do!"
    Jons4real

http://www.youtube.com/user/jons4real

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    Yeti/ Black Mamba
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Just bit the bullet myself, I went with the hex w/o doors and a 12' ridgeline to add a little extra coverage. Now the wait begins!!!!
    Josh

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast