Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gstepclassical View Post
    In all the years I have been "hanging" around this site, I have to say this is one of the few threads that really need to be capped off. Nothing more can be said to change opinions and all in all it just serves to subvert the principles on which this forum was founded. Play nice!!!
    It isn't about changing opinions but rather it is about sharing experiences.

This thread hasn't been a Claytor bashing thread. People have shared a wide variety of experiences in response to the OP.

People sharing both good and bad experiences with a hammock seller and that seller's products can only increase the knowledge of forum participants.

That's a good thing isn't it?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    It isn't about changing opinions but rather it is about sharing experiences.

This thread hasn't been a Claytor bashing thread. People have shared a wide variety of experiences in response to the OP.

People sharing both good and bad experiences with a hammock seller and that seller's products can only increase the knowledge of forum participants.

That's a good thing isn't it?
    Yes!

If I decide I want to order another, or recommend for a friend, one of my all time favorite hammocks- the Claytor No Net, possible customer service problems need to be added to the equation. I might well risk it any way just to get a hammock that works so dang well in general and with a Speer Pea Pod in particular and at such a great price. But I would want to know about any possible problems going in.

Tarp
    Ghetto Tarp
    Insulation
    Squirrels
    Some are super picky. Many are great customers. If someone can't live with/repair a one foot frenge or live with a few needle marks in nylon fabric I can't imagine the issues they would encounter sleeping in the woods for a night.

Where'd he go?

Lets see some pictures.
    "Acorns were good until bread was found."
    Francis Bacon

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    well for me.....i want my gear 100% + new + perfect....thats what i'm paying for anyway ......and then wreck it all by myself..
    Last edited by bob2guns; 08-24-2012 at 21:31.

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post

and at such a great price.

thats the way it used to be...40 bucks shipped...for a nonet...

now its not much different than a WB....so why not get a US made warbonnet or wildernesslogics

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bob2guns View Post
    thats the way it used to be...40 bucks shipped...for a nonet...

now its not much different than a WB....so why not get a US made warbonnet or wildernesslogics
    Yep, that is a big change, think I paid $15. Or actually, did $45 include shipping? Not sure, but it was far from $40. So there is no price advantage now compared to other hammocks of this type. Still, I would consider this hammock if I needed one, as it works better with my PeaPod than any thing I have tried, I think mainly due to it's narrow width. My WL Light Owl/WB BB or even my Speer are not as slick as with a Pea Pod as the Claytor. Plus the Claytor has been, for me, a really comfy hammock. Rarely any calf pressure or knee problems, good side comfort legs straight or fetal. 23 oz with stock suspension and double layer, less sag/stretch than any other of my hammocks, and least sensitive to amount of or lack of sag- pulled fairly tight or hung like a big banana, good to go. Unlike some of my hammocks where the RL length seems so critical. And all at only 10 feet long.

So, $80 now with shipping compared to $75 ( + shipping ) for a Traveler. I'd get the Traveler every time, Unless:
    1: I thought the NN would be significantly more comfortable. Never tried the highly rated Traveler, but the NN is near the top for me.
    2: I was looking for the best hammock for use with my Pea Pod. Though, for all I know, the Traveler would work just as good. But it is a good bit wider.

But again, perceived customer service would play a part in any such decision. But without a specific desire for the No Net, I would go with Brandon, a young man - an American manufacturer - who communicates with this forum.

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    fifteen bucks ???? when did you get it ....the 60's ????

i kno just what your saying ...i got a few nonets...the size and shape is what makes it float...not the suspension...i did my own redesign on that...and it cost more than the hammock itself... but i liked it..its original , and it worked.

but the reality is, its an easy design to DIY .. i'm sew machine illiterate , or i might try..but i gave up redheads and moved on to brunettes

Hammock
    •SLD••
    Tarp
    ●SLD●
    Quote Originally Posted by hang em high View Post
    Some are super picky. Many are great customers. If someone can't live with/repair a one foot frenge or live with a few needle marks in nylon fabric I can't imagine the issues they would encounter sleeping in the woods for a night.
    now don't take this the wrong way....but i wonder sometimes if hang em high could really be tom c. ?? the avatar sure looks alot like him.

Tarp
    Ghetto Tarp
    Insulation
    Squirrels
    Quote Originally Posted by bob2guns View Post
    now don't take this the wrong way....but i wonder sometimes if hang em high could really be tom c. ?? the avatar sure looks alot like him.
    Not taken the wrong way but I wish,......Nope, thats Clint Eastwood from the movies. That ones from Hang em High.

I just like his hammocks (and a good deal). I liked my first one so much I have two spares in case one gets lost, stolen, or catches on fire. I just mean if I can get past the crappy suspension and replace it, a few wayward freys and needle holes in nylon wouldn't bother me. Then again I get a kick out of seeing a pair of sneekers hanging from a power line.

But I might start a fan club.

Let's see some pictures of the issues.
    "Acorns were good until bread was found."
    Francis Bacon

Images
    I'm going to send tom a check for $147 for a Jungle mosquito hammock and fly. I know it isn't the "perfect" amount, because he really wants $150 + $30 for shipping, but hey, what's a little difference from perfect.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast