Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spidennis View Post
    You guys should go for the "Highest Altitude" Award! My personal record is only 8800 feet so far but I got a place picked out the next time I get up to the high country. Ok, actually a got a few places picked out! Once at the tree line pickin's get pretty slim .... and then you gotta start looking at the rocks instead!
    Setting an altitude record, in trees, should be pretty easy in Colorado since our trees grow higher than any other state along the divide.
    My personnel record is 11,200ft and we'll be breaking that on the Colorado Summer Hang. I'll try an snap a pict of the GPS in camp. You should come out out and join us.

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    Profly
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    So the schedule at work just came out today. I somehow got thursday and saturday off even though I asked for sat, mon and tues. I asked my boss what was up and all I got was he wasnt the one who did the schedule this week. Im so pissed. Ive been looking forward to this trip since you guys started talking about it. Id call in sick but I just put in paperwork to get a 'promotion' of sorts. gah

I WILL be making the next one. I want to try to come down thursday night for the hang. Ill pitch in for my night. Id like to meet everyone (or at least mostly everyone) and see what you guys have. Is there a meet time thursday? And at whos site?
    Tucker: So I suppose if you are helping us you arent as mean as I thought...
    Tex: I wouldnt say Im mean, I just get hired to do mean things.
    Tucker: But you like it.
    Tex: Well I think its important to enjoy what you do.

-Red Vs Blue

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Sorry you can't make it Tex, work sucks in it interferes with hiking and hanging.
    Gear is packed and we will be hitting the road very soon. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great hang.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag

Rainbow

I just went out to move some gear. I have a nice full rainbow in the west, the direction that we will head in a few minutes. That must be a good sign for a golden hang.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    Camo Clark NX 250
    Tarp
    Custom Smokehouse
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    We'll all meet at Walking Bears site (#12 Jefferson Creek CG) Friday (time 9am-ish) to discuss shuttles and drive shuttle vehicles over.

Typical car camping gear for the group hang.
    Lawn chair, sun- screen, hat, glasses. Bug spray recommended.

Day time temps should be in the 70's and evening temps should be in the 50's
    Restrooms and potable water are available in the CG.
    So there is the plan in a nutshell.

Thus far.
    Rules to live by:The Wizards Rules
    Anything can be solved by the proper application of High Explosives. Or a shot of whiskey...
    Meaning of the EOD Badge
    Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) is a science of vague assumptions based on debatable figures derived from inconclusive experiments, performed by persons of doubtful mental capability with instruments of problematic accuracy.

Senior Member ringtail-THFKAfood's Avatar
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Edge
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

last details

There is a $5 entrance fee into the Jefferson Recreation Area in addition to the camping fee. One fee for the entire time.

What are the fire restrictions in Summit County? We will be in Park County the first night, but Summit County nights 2 and 3.

I bet that they allow campfires in the campgrounds. The camp host sell wood.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    - Mark Twain

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Campfires are allowed in the steel fire-rings at formal campgrounds. Both in Park and Summit Counties...as of Sunday (7/3) anyway.
    In a strange twist, you can have a fire in the fire-ring, but not in the charcoal grills.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Clark NX-250, NX 270, D H Sparrow
    Tarp
    Clark XL, Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ, LL UQ
    Suspension
    WS,straps,toggles
    Images
    For what it's worth, I just called Park County in Fairplay and the lady affirmed quite positively that Park County is covered with the Stage 2 fire ban, which prevents fires of ANY kind, even in fire rings in established campgrounds. The only thing allowed are liquid petroleum and LP gas type stoves. As far as I can tell at this moment, once we get over the Divide and into Summit county there are no fire bans in effect at all.

Hey Cannibal, do you think you will get to hook up with us?
    Love your enemies, but keep your gun oiled!

I am a CONCENTRATED vegetarian. I let the cows eat all the grass, and then I eat the cows!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    I'm going to give you a probably.
    Nothing is for sure, but I'm planning to at least drop by for a visit.
    Trust nobody!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waddy View Post
    For what it's worth, I just called Park County in Fairplay and the lady affirmed quite positively that Park County is covered with the Stage 2 fire ban, which prevents fires of ANY kind, even in fire rings in established campgrounds. The only thing allowed are liquid petroleum and LP gas type stoves. As far as I can tell at this moment, once we get over the Divide and into Summit county there are no fire bans in effect at all.

Thanks for making the call waddy. It's nice to know we will be able to have a small group fire after the divide climb.

Tex, Really sorry you and your doggy can't make the hike. I'm sure we'll have a fall and winter hang so hopefully you can make one of those.
    As for a meeting place Thursday. site 12 and 13 are across the dirt road from each other about half way into the campground.
    Daytime parking is just outside the campground entrance my Silver VW Tiguan should be parked there.
    Site 12 is the flatest so I would assume that is where we will setup lawnchairs etc. I'm planning a day hike to a wonderfully overlook Thursday late afternoon
    so bring a day pack if you'd like to get a little hike in.

Today's grocery shopping and pack the car day for me. I'll be heading out tomorrow around 10AM which should put me in camp around 11:30.
    I'm really looking forward to hangin hiking and meeting everyone.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 07-06-2011 at 11:57.

• + New Posts
  • Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast