Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    My mind awaits being blown.........
    Takes a lot to implode it.
    Shug
    Quote Originally Posted by LostinSpace View Post
    Well, maybe I WAS a little dramatic about the mind blowing thing.
    Poor, jaded Shug.

LostinSpace, don't let us dampen your enthusiasm. A little hyperbole, creatively directed, is good for the forum every now and then. FWIW, I'm still waiting (patiently), too. Keep up the good work.

Hammock
    Superior Gear
    Tarp
    Superior Gear
    Insulation
    Down
    How steep is the angle of the suspension on the foot end? Looks to be anywhere from 60 to 80 deg. Just curious. Im not quite able to visualize what it looks like from the outside. I have to agree that the sides are real high. Not sure how much a cat cut will help. Hope you can work out the details on that issue. Keep the pics coming. I wouldnt worry about people copying your design. If you offer it on your site people will buy it assuming you work out all the kinks. Others will copy it for themselves. Like other uniquely designed hammocks it is not likely anyone will try to sell your design as their own.
    Pete.
    The opinions expressed by this user are not those of a competent individual. If they were that would mean I know what I am talking about.

Hammock
    DreamHammock!
    Tarp
    DDXL/OESUltra
    Suspension
    AWS!!
    Watching to see how this turns out.

Don't worry about copiers - doing something to copy someone or "take someone out" in terms of business never ends well for those mindsets.

Are you going to build an "iPod killer"?? Exactly - the iPod is what it is and many try. Your work can be the same. All you have to be willing to do us dedicate yourself and focus like many others with many other products have done before you.

(these illustrations are from a REAL good book called "REWORK". Definitely worth the read IMHO.)
    You don't HAVE TO be crazy to be here - But I assure you it will help.....

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    HYOH, any problems I had disappeared at 90 inches of width. I get a couple pillows, maybe three, and a blankey in there and nothing ever comes out, save my cat who comes and goes as he pleases.

But if this is your idea of the perfect hammock, knock yourself out.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    I'm a pad, sleeping bag and pillow guy when I go camping. That's why I'm trying to make a hammock that you just lay a pad in, roll out the sleeping bag and throw in a pillow and off you go. I have never been able to get a sound sleep in a regular hammock. Seems like I am up grabbing stuff off the ground or just plumb cold two or three times a night.
    Work on this hammock will have to wait till the weekend though since I need to fill other orders right now. Will post more info on it as soon as I make more progress. All I can say is that this is a complicated hammock to make out of many pcs and will require heavy stitching and reinforcement here and there. It's not for the weight worrier but will make a fine bed in the back woods or campground.

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Quote Originally Posted by MrClean417 View Post
    HYOH, any problems I had disappeared at 90 inches of width. I get a couple pillows, maybe three, and a blankey in there and nothing ever comes out, save my cat who comes and goes as he pleases.

But if this is your idea of the perfect hammock, knock yourself out.
    OK! I will knock myself out...Thank you.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0'
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I hope this doesn't come across as negative, but isn't this really just a bridge hammock where you're not taking advantage of lowering the head end? You're lying parallel with the direction of hammock, and from the pictures you can clearly already see the suspension bridge effect. I would even say that this hammock currently is inferior to a bridge hammock as its lay is less flat because of the curving at the head end, and also it's missing it's spreader bars which will induce squeeze.

Am I simply seeing it wrong?
    "Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses." - Arthur C. Clarke

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by logrus View Post
    I hope this doesn't come across as negative, but isn't this really just a bridge hammock where you're not taking advantage of lowering the head end? You're lying parallel with the direction of hammock, and from the pictures you can clearly already see the suspension bridge effect. I would even say that this hammock currently is inferior to a bridge hammock as its lay is less flat because of the curving at the head end, and also it's missing it's spreader bars which will induce squeeze.

Am I simply seeing it wrong?
    If anything, its a hybrid. If you look at the top pic here, he's taken the gather out of the foot end, which seems to be the central idea.

I actually kind of like the sides. MY DIY sleeping bag UQ does that and I love it---never have to worry about cold shoulders Depending on the material used it might help keep things warm. A purpose made SPE would work there. In fact, it might excel as a winter hammock if made from a heavier material and an integral "roof".

If there are no structural issues, perhaps you could put a no-see-um "window" in the sides for summer use.

The only issue I see with the "sides" is is getting in and out. I'm sure I'm just not seeing it.
    Last edited by sargevining; 06-19-2012 at 08:22.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images

wrong link

Sargevining, you need to fix your link.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Sargevining, you need to fix your link.
    Done and did. That's what I get for talking to my sister and posting on HF before I actually fnish the coffee.

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast