Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Hey thanks for the info. Very good to know.

Sure would have liked to see that break dancing

If I ever take the plunge and get the Flex I won't be doing any spinning though. At my age I would throw my hips out

Thanks again,

KP

Quote Originally Posted by quiet View Post
    KP,

I didn't sleep on my stomach, but I tried different positions when testing it out. I found that when my head was at the gathered end and I was diagonal, being on my stomach was not comfortable. However, when I had my head at the wide end, laying on my stomach in a diagonal was quite comfortable. There's a centre ridge created by extra fabric that supported my torso so my back wasn't hyperextended. My legs were at the gathered end towards the edge with the zipper and I could shift them easily as the space was plenty wide (to accommodate a person sleeping end to end). It felt comfortable and I had room to shift and adjust. YMMV There's so much room, I was lying in the middle and spinning in circles on my back. I tucked my knees up to my chest and twirled around inside like I was break dancing.

quiet

(formerly mongrel)

Hammock
    Too many
    Tarp
    Too many
    Insulation
    Too many
    Suspension
    Too many
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by quiet View Post

A shout out to Keith Hubble, Hiker Philly, russwestwood and others in the Flex 180 threads. Because of their comments, photos and mods, I decided that the Flex was worth a try and I'm very happy I did.

M.
    Hey there Quiet, sweet looking setup.

I like your idea of the velcro on the wide end. I just received an overstuffed (26 oz down) hammockgear incubator (long) and will see how I can fit it on the flex when I get back to Moscow in a few days.

Thanks for the pics and for sharing.
    From the trees we came, to the trees we shall return

Hammock
    Too many
    Tarp
    Too many
    Insulation
    Too many
    Suspension
    Too many
    Images
    Thinking of a few more mods: I actually like using the wide end as my top, and my feet go on the narrow end (to the side) as I dont like the sides of the hammock on my face when sleeping, and still get a pretty flat lay. Finding a way to incorporate 2 whoopie slings to fit the wide end and using a piece of 3/4" PVC pipe with slots on the ends of the pipe, as a spreader bar, and double it up as a storage container with caps to keep stuff like tinder, wax pads, matches, fishing line, etc, in it.
    From the trees we came, to the trees we shall return

Hammock
    DIY WBBB, DIY Flex 180
    Tarp
    MEC Guides Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 down UQ
    Suspension
    Buckles and binas
    That looks great i havent had chance to figure out my UQ situation yet, my girlfriend and i sleep in mine together so that makes using one quilt a little awquard i think. I was wondering what you were using as a ridge line are those s binas seperating the two cords? also the RL looks taut in the photo do you find it sags when you are in the hammock? cheers

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by russwestwood View Post
    Hey there Quiet, sweet looking setup.

I like your idea of the velcro on the wide end. I just received an overstuffed (26 oz down) hammockgear incubator (long) and will see how I can fit it on the flex when I get back to Moscow in a few days.

Thanks for the pics and for sharing.
    I added a strip of velcro to the long side where the zipper is. It works much better than attaching to the poles with soft shackles.

The only problem was the type of velcro I used; it had a sticky back that the saleslady at Fabricland said was just as good as sewing on. I found out that was not the case when I tried to take the quilt off and the velcro came off with it. I'm going to put it back on, but sew it on.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pommychris View Post
    That looks great i havent had chance to figure out my UQ situation yet, my girlfriend and i sleep in mine together so that makes using one quilt a little awquard i think. I was wondering what you were using as a ridge line are those s binas seperating the two cords? also the RL looks taut in the photo do you find it sags when you are in the hammock? cheers
    I wish I had your mad skills at sewing. Your clone is amazing!

I used a piece of reflective cord with a ring adjuster that MSR sells for the ridge line. It allows me to adjust if needed. Those are mitten hooks connecting the two cords that came with the cord. It helps keep the line taut.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12