Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunsfan05 View Post
    i would like to make this hang i just dont know if i have the gear to do it
    Try some backyard hangs beforehand with the gear you do have, and you'll get a good idea whether it's possible. That's what I did before my first trip. Keep in mind, too, that, depending on where you set up, your car could be only 50 feet away. That leaves many options for bringing extra gear/insulation/blankets/etc, as well as an easy and safe bail-out if needed.

Hope to see you there.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Ok Doctari - I'm in. Making gear - booties, doors for the tarp, another quilt (secondary), hat, buffs, nuclear powered socks. Tell me if I missed the important stuff. Already got food - cyclists need 5-7000 calories per day on long trips. I'll bring a big bag of snacks to share.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Awesome! It will be good to see you again!
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Thanks Scott! Looking forward to it.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow &amp; Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I wish I could make it, but this is the same weekend as Southern Ruck at Nantahala Outdoor Center.
    Ditto, Dancer and I are attentding Ruck as well. Usually, these events fall a weekend apart, but this year, they're on the same weekend. Tough choice to make, but reservations are already made. See y'all next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearpaw View Post
    I'll be giving a hammock workshop there.
    Was fun and informative last year. If you want my help again, just say the word, and I'm on it.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    OK campers, there are only 50 days till some of us head "Down" to Grayson, 51 till the "Official" first day.
    Is everyone ready?
    Now would be a good time to ask questions if you got em, give you time to work out the bugs.
    I just got the Jeep tuned up & got new tires. Getting an oil change in a few weeks & will have the mechanic give "her" a good going over for any potential problems. Now if only I could unlatch the rear hatch from the outside,,,,,

Anyway:
    Bring too much insulation!
    Bring too much food, now is NOT the time to diet!
    Bring a way to melt ice, because your water WILL freeze!
    Bring a cooler, to keep your food & water from freezing as much. I plan on putting a small cooler inside a larger one, & maybe a few smaller ones inside that!
    Bring a change or two of clothing AND a set to go home in! I'm bringing a set of inner insulation (clothing) a day, plus 2 pair of socks a day.
    GLOVES AND A HAT!!! Even if you say: "I never wear a hat / gloves!" Bring them!!!!
    Bring rain gear! Bring rain gear! Bring rain gear!
    Consider an umbrella.
    Figure out the fuel you will need for the weekend, double that, then bring double that sum!
    This weekend is NO time to be on a low fat diet!
    Drink more water than you feel you need. Drink like you are in the desert, in summer, not in the mountains in winter!! You will thank me for this!

Yes, I'm ready. Not packed exactly, but nearly so! Just got to get food & put the stuff in where it goes.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Hammock-check. Insulation (3 UQ's , 1 TQ, 1 sock)-check. Food and water (1 weeks worth) in insulated coolers-check. Extra clothes, jackets and wooly undies-check. Flame thrower for melting ice-check. Rain gear and umbrella-check. 2 pair boots-check. 6 pairs heavy socks-check. 2 hats, 3 pairs gloves-check. 2 stoves and fuel for 1 week-check. Extra batteries for lights, etc., extra battery for van - check. Van is big so if something goes wrong, I can sleep in it. 1 large can of Febreze - check. Toothbrush - check. Folding chair - check.

Did I forget anything Doc?
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Hammock-check. Insulation (3 UQ's , 1 TQ, 1 sock)-check. Food and water (1 weeks worth) in insulated coolers-check. Extra clothes, jackets and wooly undies-check. Flame thrower for melting ice-check. Rain gear and umbrella-check. 2 pair boots-check. 6 pairs heavy socks-check. 2 hats, 3 pairs gloves-check. 2 stoves and fuel for 1 week-check. Extra batteries for lights, etc., extra battery for van - check. Van is big so if something goes wrong, I can sleep in it. 1 large can of Febreze - check. Toothbrush - check. Folding chair - check.

Did I forget anything Doc?
    Only thing I can think of a CCF pad for sitting on in your folding chair. Your backside will get chilly. Having a weeks worth of stuff is actually a very good idea, if you got the room. I bring 2 MREs, with heaters "Just in case" for that reason.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctari View Post
    Only thing I can think of a CCF pad for sitting on in your folding chair. Your backside will get chilly. Having a weeks worth of stuff is actually a very good idea, if you got the room. I bring 2 MREs, with heaters "Just in case" for that reason.

Ah yes, a pad. I'll get one. I have a full size van and I'll be removing the back seats. Room is no problem. It's long enough to sleep stretched out in comfortably. If anyone has a problem with the cold, I plan to offer the van as an alternative to packing it up and leaving. I also have spare sleeping bags I'll be bringing also. I know how harsh cold can get to you.

Thanks Doc.

Dave
    I got in a fight one time with a really big guy, and he said, "I'm going to mop the floor with your face." I said, "You'll be sorry." He said, "Oh, yeah? Why?" I said, "Well, you won't be able to get into the corners very well."

Underquilts.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast