PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images
    I sleep in one every night that I'm home.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    If you go to a used car lot, you'll see lots of Fords and Chevys, but not near as many Volkswagons.

That's because there are more Fords and Chevys in the country than there are Volkswagons. It doesn't mean that Volkswagons are better cars, although you would have people argue on both sides of that opinion.

Same same with the Hennessy.

One reason you don't see many ENOs and GTs for sale is because they started out inexpensive and it just isn't worth selling them---even if you get half your money back, it just ain't worth the time and effort. At the price they could reasonably be sold used, most folks would rather get one brand new for just a bit more. With a Hennesy, you have something that will at least get you more than $20 when you re-sell it. You an get into one for around $200 and you an sell it for anywhere from $100 to $150. They hold their value very well. While some folks who want a hammock would pay $50 for a new ENO rather than $25 for a used one, they might pay $100 for a used Hennesy that originally sold for $150-175.

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    what about the new Side entry with the HH????......anyone tried one of them?

It's a toss up....about to drop the hammer on one...HH or WBBB....Like that HH comes with the tarp.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athens-m50 View Post
    what about the new Side entry with the HH????......anyone tried one of them?

It's a toss up....about to drop the hammer on one...HH or WBBB....Like that HH comes with the tarp.
    There's side entry on my Deep Jungle, I'd assume its the same on the others. You just have to get used to pulling the zipper at the foot end part way down before getting into it and laying down---its kinda hard to reah up and get it one you're laying flat.

Works great otherwise. And it lets Scout The Wonder Dog know that I'm awake and getting up.

Hammock
    Clark NX200/HH Asym Exp zipmod4
    Tarp
    Stock tarp f both
    Insulation
    HH Reflective Pad
    Suspension
    Stock/Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    There's side entry on my Deep Jungle, I'd assume its the same on the others. You just have to get used to pulling the zipper at the foot end part way down before getting into it and laying down---its kinda hard to reah up and get it one you're laying flat.

Works great otherwise. And it lets Scout The Wonder Dog know that I'm awake and getting up.
    They have the side entry option on their "new" stuff, and there's a zipper mod. I've had the zipper mod done, not as nice as the side entry on my clark but decent enough.

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralite Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hex Rainfly 30D
    Insulation
    20*Phoenix,Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling's
    Images
    I like the side entry on my HH Explorer UL!

Hammock
    Too many to list here.
    Tarp
    UGQ Hex Hanger 12
    Insulation
    HG and AHE UQ/TQs
    Suspension
    DIY short whoopies
    My first hammock was a HH ULBA. I still have it, then I bought a Hyperlite with the velcro entrance, and then a WBBB 1.7oz. When HH came out with the Hyperlite Zip, I got one and it's been my favorite ever since.

What I like about HHs is the more mesh-to-body fabric ratio. That allows for better ventilation. The WBBB is nice with the fancy footbox and shelf features, but truth be told, when I lay in it I feel like I'm inside a bath tub. The bugnet sits to high and it does not improve ventilation. I use it when I camp in cooler weather, but for the most part I keep it as a loaner.

I'm currently getting a custom-built Dream Hammock, but I doubt that I will ever part with my HHs.

R

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktreks View Post
    My first hammock was a HH ULBA. I still have it, then I bought a Hyperlite with the velcro entrance, and then a WBBB 1.7oz. When HH came out with the Hyperlite Zip, I got one and it's been my favorite ever since.

What I like about HHs is the more mesh-to-body fabric ratio. That allows for better ventilation. The WBBB is nice with the fancy footbox and shelf features, but truth be told, when I lay in it I feel like I'm inside a bath tub. The bugnet sits to high and it does not improve ventilation. I use it when I camp in cooler weather, but for the most part I keep it as a loaner.

I'm currently getting a custom-built Dream Hammock, but I doubt that I will ever part with my HHs.

R
    I got to try a Hyperlite Zip this weekend... WOW neat hammock. I love the fabric.. one of my faves now.
    My DIY Pulk Project
    http://www.landofrath.com/?p=573

Hammock
    Hammeck Netty
    Tarp
    HG dyneema/MacCat
    Insulation
    DIY UQ and UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    Here's an observation I made at Trail Days this year:

A few spots down the lane is the Hennessy area with three simple pipe stands and a table. The place is crowded ALL WEEK. You can just see the lightbulbs going off because Hennessy is showing off three hammocks with bug nets and tarps COMPLETE.

Hikers are buying up the Hennessy stock like it's going out of style and he sells out in the first few days ....
    I bought my HH A-sym Ultralight from Tom Hennessey at Trail Days '05 and it's still my hammock, though I have modified it more than once. If 2QZQ had not done the zipper mod for me, I would have sold my HH, but that fixed the major drawback. I've never had a problem with it being a "lemon" at all.

I think there is a real "fad" issue with hammock buyers. Wanting the latest thing is a powerful influence.

Rain Man

"You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods

http://www.MeetUp.com/NashvilleBackpacker

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Hennessy Asym
    Suspension
    Straps
    I LOVE my HH. I have read a bit about some of the others, but I subscribe to the "if it aint broke don't fix it" philosophy. I'm perfectly happy with my HH Explorer. Are there better option out there? Maybe, but the fact is I am perfectly happy with what I have. I'm not an experienced hanger... I've done one 3 night trip (including one big storm) in mine, and probably 6 or 7 nights in my backyard, but to me, its awesome and I love it. Definitely not a lemon to me. I went with HH because thats what my local outdoors store carries. I ended up seeing it on a local outdoors forum and that sparked my interest, then I saw it at the outdoors store and asked, and the salesperson took it out and showed me how it works, and I left without buying one, but kept thinking about it. So I went back a week later and bought it

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast