Hammock
    Eno hammock w/ENO bugnet
    Tarp
    DIY siltarp 6x11
    Insulation
    DIY under quilt
    Images

hammocking

...in referance to WB's issues, that's why I'm over here, my ?'s and observations went nose diving too...so much nicer here..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalin View Post
    The ozarks are great, Coffee! Highly reccommend doing it! And since rail trails were mentioned, those are great, too! A nice way to get in some cycling without dealing with cars...
    Thanks. I think my move is going to open up more things than it closes off. Free time is another thing. Think I am going to be crazy busy for the next couple years. Maybe depending on the way things work out, we can plan a hangout for this fall.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images
    Originally Posted by Narwhalin
    The ozarks are great, Coffee! Highly reccommend doing it! And since rail trails were mentioned, those are great, too! A nice way to get in some cycling without dealing with cars...

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    Thanks. I think my move is going to open up more things than it closes off. Free time is another thing. Think I am going to be crazy busy for the next couple years. Maybe depending on the way things work out, we can plan a hangout for this fall.
    Hey, Coffee, I forgot about Arkansas and the Ozarks. That would probably be closer to you than North ALA and for sure North GA and TN/NC?Smokies. You can find some fine trails and hangin spots in the Ozarks. So, things are looking better!

Yep making the move. Funny thing is I was packing my 20 deg down bag thinking "WHY". Don't think I am going to need that for awhile.
    Don't forget, last winter, right here in north MS, at only 340 ft elevation I put my PeaPod to the test on a 10*F night! And in the winter, the 20s are not all that uncommon, and I have rarely seen round about zero. So, if you go a little north to the Ozark mountains or north MS/ALA in the winter, you might well need your 20* bag. So don't sell it yet!
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 07-02-2008 at 12:57.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    i would have never known wb was shut down if this had never been posted lolneo
    the matrix has you

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    Zing!

An Ozarks hang would be sweet!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    Too bad there is nothing this nice for us lowly ground dwelling types to frequent. I think I'm just going to wait and see if this just another "shut down WB to calm things and back to business as usual within a month' or if there is a real and permanent change. I'm just not interested in being part of a site that is willing to tolerate what went on last week as being OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    I'm just not interested in being part of a site that is willing to tolerate what went on last week as being OK.
    It is not like it was a sudden surprise. It has been slowly building for years. Troll has asked several times over the past few years for folks to settle down, even created subscription based off-topic and political forums as a means to appease everyone. But I sometimes you have to give a kid a spanking before they know you really mean business.

And don't get all high and mighty here in the Hammock forums, iirc some of the WB hammock users and their "know it all comments" were a major group of instigators until this forum was created.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tlbj6142 View Post
    It is not like it was a sudden surprise. It has been slowly building for years. Troll has asked several times over the past few years for folks to settle down, even created subscription based off-topic and political forums as a means to appease everyone. But I sometimes you have to give a kid a spanking before they know you really mean business.

And don't get all high and mighty here in the Hammock forums, iirc some of the WB hammock users and their "know it all comments" were a major group of instigators until this forum was created.
    I'll take it your a ground dweller.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post

I really had to chuckle out loud at my desk, at work, when I read this. Sorta says it all huh!! Now back to the grind so I can paddle and hang tomorrow.

David
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Nope (but in a way you sort of validated my previous statement).

I have had an HH ULA for over 5 years (bought in early spring of 2003 after reading Rock's site, Shane's site and comments from those on WB). It was the first shelter I ever purchased once I started backpacking. I have used it on several multi-day trips. Including a recent trip to ANF along the NCT. It was the HH zipper mod that brought me to the hammock forums, though I have known about them for some time. Never really had a need to come here before.

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast