Hammock
    Lite Owl; Light Hiker
    Tarp
    Toxaway;MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    Burrow; Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm thinking you remove the thread when you need to wind the bobbin.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    So then where do you put the thread while you wind the bobbin? I'm just not getting that part. (I'm sorry) Seems like you'd need a new place to put it temporarily at the same time that the thread is flying off of it to wind the bobbin.

I've got multiple other thread posts I could put one on, so I agree it's a good idea, but I don't think putting it on the bobbin winding post works for me. I can see taking what works and going forward with it though. Good idea to use the bic pen to extend the post....

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrick View Post
    So then where do you put the thread while you wind the bobbin? I'm just not getting that part. (I'm sorry) Seems like you'd need a new place to put it temporarily at the same time that the thread is flying off of it to wind the bobbin.

I've got multiple other thread posts I could put one on, so I agree it's a good idea, but I don't think putting it on the bobbin winding post works for me. I can see taking what works and going forward with it though. Good idea to use the bic pen to extend the post....
    Yeah I do just hold the bic pen in my hand with the big cone on it when i wind the bobbin. Agreed that it aint perfect but it was a simple fix for something that would other wise require me to make something else todo what I could with a simple solution. Plus after the bobbin is wound I am good to go. No other switching or moving required. So far any project I have done only required me to use one bobbin anyway. Plus I will always wind two bobbins just in case I mess up big time during the project and need to add more I don't need to switch the Cone out, I just add the new bobbin.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Sounds cool. I'll have to check that out sometime.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    RTR,
    Right you are - I'm in the town south of Summit. Right on the Watchung Reservation if you're familiar with it. I want to hang in the reservation (2000+ acres of mostly trees) but there are so many rules & regulations now that I usually just hang in the backyard.
    I grew up down South (Georgia). Utah - now that's a place I want to spend more time. How is the hanging out there?

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    JRB Quilts Top/Btm
    Suspension
    Whoo-Pie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    RTR,
    Right you are - I'm in the town south of Summit. Right on the Watchung Reservation if you're familiar with it. I want to hang in the reservation (2000+ acres of mostly trees) but there are so many rules & regulations now that I usually just hang in the backyard.
    I grew up down South (Georgia). Utah - now that's a place I want to spend more time. How is the hanging out there?
    Hangin here is great. Lots of trees for the most part (Unless you go down south) and it is always a nice mellow temp.. Even winter temps are usually friendly. Still have yet to find my optimal sleeping setup due to the cooler evening temps but I am working that out slowly but surely.

Just a side note for your area: If ya haven't gotten to the Pine Barrens do so that place is sweet. Really odd/ weird environment, plus the Jersey Devil's voodoo adds to the weirdness there. LOL And you basically have an endless option for hangin when ya get to camp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12