Matthew

Smile Intro and questions

Hello all my name is Matt I currently reside in Virginia. Every morning I wake up with back pain and during the day I am restless and sore. I wake up in the middle of the night and find it hard to get back to sleep. I have been beggging my parent to let me get a new mattress but they keep saying no there to expensive or I dont need one.

Then I got the idea to get a hammock just to relax in durring the day thats when I found out about Mayan Hammocks and that you can use them as beds. I am going to try to convince my partents to let me get one but I dont know how to put it in my room heres a few picks of my room. there in the attachment

Please help I want to convert to hammocks and never go back to steel spring matressess.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Matthew

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    What is your price range?
    What style of hammock are you looking at?
    Take a look at this site if you are into the Mayan style.
    For a camping style hammock, there are plenty of vendors listed here that can give you a no-net hammock option. GrandTrunk, ENO, Warbonnet Outdoors, etc...

You are probably better off getting a hammock stand for full time use in your room. You should probably use a hammock for a night or two to see if they are suitable for your needs. You might want to talk to your parents about your plans too.

Matthew
    Quote Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
    What is your price range? under 300 dollars
    What style of hammock are you looking at? Mayan

You are probably better off getting a hammock stand for full time use in your room.You should probably use a hammock for a night or two to see if they are suitable for your needs You might want to talk to your parents about your plans too.
    I am right now trying to convince them

Hammock
    Martian Bridge (DIY)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I am right now trying to convince them
    Your best bet is to propose an inexpensive test to see if using a hammock will solve your back problem. Depending on how tall you are, Grand Trunk has their Ultralight Travel Hammock for $20 right off their site.

If you have an unfinished section to your basement, hang it from the ceiling joists (on the same on ideally) with a couple sturdy eye hooks from the local hardware store. That way you're not dropping a bunch of cash for a Mayan hammock if things don't work out for you.

Cheers

Brian

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy hex
    Insulation
    diy kaq & down top
    Images
    Hello Matthew:

First off, welcome to the forum.

This may also have something to do with the position in which you sleep. My dad is a chiropractor, and treats lots of people with back pain which is related in some way to the way they sleep. I, for instance, sleep with one arm way up above my head--which makes that shoulder sore and the arm weaker if I don't try to keep myself from doing it, and sometimes causes headaches. Some people can eliminate a lot of pain if they can sleep flat on their backs and not in a way that puts stress on any one particular joint or muscle during the night. During sleep we can over-strain one muscle group, for instance, without even realizing we are doing it, because we are not fully conscious of the positions in which we are holding our bodies.

It could be that a hammock is the best way for you to fix that--but it really depends on what your particular problem is, or what exactly is causing your back pain. Good luck and enjoy!

• + New Posts