Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    Big Daddy; Kelty
    Suspension
    Python or Whoopies

My Big Lots now has them on "Clearance"

Went to my local Big Lots (called first) to check on these hammocks. When I got to the register, it rang up for $6.00... Saleslady (excuse me.. Salesperson) stated they were 1/2 price due to being on clearance, so I got two. Had to work tonight, so I haven't taken them out to see how well made they are. But even as pet toys they've got to be worth $6. We'll see.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I see a couple good fuel bottles there.
    Leak test complete with only 1 leaker and that was operator error! One of the small tubs, they are a little hard to grip with old, arthritic fingers. Not sure how well the bottles will work for fuel, the 5 larger only hold just over an oz. The spray will be for extra permethrin maybe, not really sure about the others yet. May be just another $2.50 toward the addiction.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    you can put your perfume and make up in there now old dog.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    After a day out in this heat you would need the perfume. Makeup won't do this face any good. At my age thinking more in the line of meds and liniments.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hanger View Post
    Went to my local Big Lots (called first) to check on these hammocks. When I got to the register, it rang up for $6.00... Saleslady (excuse me.. Salesperson) stated they were 1/2 price due to being on clearance, so I got two. Had to work tonight, so I haven't taken them out to see how well made they are. But even as pet toys they've got to be worth $6. We'll see.
    I'll have to go by and see if they got marked down they had quite a few.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    Big Daddy; Kelty
    Suspension
    Python or Whoopies

Yard Ornament

I was able to get out this morning and string up the Big Lots hammock. Measurements on package wrap state 80'' x 32''. Bed part is actually more like 76'' x 32''. I was a bit cautious due to the cotton-looking rope ends, although the package indicates that the weight limit is 220lbs (I'm probably about 150 these days). It held me up well.. stitching looks pretty good.

It's not really wide enough to lie much on a diagonal, the center-line under my backside was very pronounced, and I'm not sure I could get comfortable enough in it to take a decent nap. Very cheerful colors and looks nice hanging. I found the material (65/35 Cotton/Poly) to be a little itchy against my skin. Stayed in it for less than 15 minutes.

For the average person who just wants a temporary seat/lounge by the pool or in the yard, this would probably be fine. If you're a HF member and/or are used to the kinds of hammocks that most members here use, I wouldn't expect this hammock to be satisfactory (or to some, even acceptable...(It is also made in China)).

The packaging says it's "strong and resilient to excessive use or against rough-housing children", so it might be good on a weekend trip to the beach or something. I'm now glad I got it on sale for only $6. I'll probably leave it hanging between my two apple trees just as a colorful 'Yard Ornament' more than anything else.

I was thinking that if I was impressed with it, I might buy a few more for some of the guys at work, just to introduce them to the wonderful world of hammocks. I wouldn't say that this particular hammock would be the best introduction, however. Glad I bought it to try it out, but I won't be buying another.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I have to concur with Darth here. I put mine up tonight and it's just not big enough to be a practical usable hammock. The only thing it might be useful as is a sitting hammock. Even my 11 year old daughter thought it felt small. It's colorful and looks nice hanging there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Leigh's Uq /UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Woopie/Dutch
    I am 6'-4" and 250 lbs I have bounced in it, held pritty well. I use it just for the kids or setting up by the river just to sit so my nicer hammocks do not get messed up or wet. The kids can play in it and if they break it not out much. It could be used as one just to set up when you get to camp to unload your bag in or rest and dry off until you set up your rig.
    Just my two cents. for $6

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Hanger View Post
    I was able to get out this morning and string up the Big Lots hammock. Measurements on package wrap state 80'' x 32''. Bed part is actually more like 76'' x 32''. I was a bit cautious due to the cotton-looking rope ends, although the package indicates that the weight limit is 220lbs (I'm probably about 150 these days). It held me up well.. stitching looks pretty good.

It's not really wide enough to lie much on a diagonal, the center-line under my backside was very pronounced, and I'm not sure I could get comfortable enough in it to take a decent nap. Very cheerful colors and looks nice hanging. I found the material (65/35 Cotton/Poly) to be a little itchy against my skin. Stayed in it for less than 15 minutes.

For the average person who just wants a temporary seat/lounge by the pool or in the yard, this would probably be fine. If you're a HF member and/or are used to the kinds of hammocks that most members here use, I wouldn't expect this hammock to be satisfactory (or to some, even acceptable...(It is also made in China)).

The packaging says it's "strong and resilient to excessive use or against rough-housing children", so it might be good on a weekend trip to the beach or something. I'm now glad I got it on sale for only $6. I'll probably leave it hanging between my two apple trees just as a colorful 'Yard Ornament' more than anything else.

I was thinking that if I was impressed with it, I might buy a few more for some of the guys at work, just to introduce them to the wonderful world of hammocks. I wouldn't say that this particular hammock would be the best introduction, however. Glad I bought it to try it out, but I won't be buying another.
    I usually get two GT UL's around the holidays and give away in white elephant exchanges at work. If you know anything about these exchanges, you know that after an item is stolen a predetermined number of times it can't be stolen anymore. They always get stolen the maximum times.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Leigh's Uq /UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Woopie/Dutch
    Bass Pro has a "Hobo" hammock for $20 it is also a nice one for cheap.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast