WBBB, ENO Double
    Tarp
    Superfly & SWT
    Insulation
    Snugfit/Prolite+
    Suspension
    WBStraps & Buckles

Which Blackbird for me?

Ok, so as i am researching more and more, I see that there are several chioces for the BB order. 1.1 vs 1.7, single vs double, etc.

My stats.... I am about 5'11", and weigh in around 240-250, depending on how hard I am hitting the gym and watching the nutrition.

So, which one is for me? Thinking double, and just need a little more clarification I guess on the fabric weights. Assuming that is the difference in 1.1 and 1.7.

Also, turns our my ENO ProFly that claims 12' x 9'5" actually has a "footprint" of 9'6" x 7'2". Will this be adequate for the BB?

Would rather spend the extra money on an underquilt rather than another tarp right now!

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enolounger View Post
    Ok, so as i am researching more and more, I see that there are several chioces for the BB order. 1.1 vs 1.7, single vs double, etc.

My stats.... I am about 5'11", and weigh in around 240-250, depending on how hard I am hitting the gym and watching the nutrition.

So, which one is for me? Thinking double, and just need a little more clarification I guess on the fabric weights. Assuming that is the difference in 1.1 and 1.7.

Also, turns our my ENO ProFly that claims 12' x 9'5" actually has a "footprint" of 9'6" x 7'2". Will this be adequate for the BB?

Would rather spend the extra money on an underquilt rather than another tarp right now!
    I'd probably go for the 1.7 double layer. If you get the 1.1 double layer, you'll probably get more stretch out of it when you lay down in it. Hopefully WBGuy will chime in on this discussion or you can contact him directly via PM or email. Give the ProFly a go with the Warbonnet when you get it. If it isn't sufficient, you're welcome to borrow my SWT some time.

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO Double
    Tarp
    Superfly & SWT
    Insulation
    Snugfit/Prolite+
    Suspension
    WBStraps & Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    I'd probably go for the 1.7 double layer. If you get the 1.1 double layer, you'll probably get more stretch out of it when you lay down in it. Hopefully WBGuy will chime in on this discussion or you can contact him directly via PM or email. Give the ProFly a go with the Warbonnet when you get it. If it isn't sufficient, you're welcome to borrow my SWT some time.
    Thanks for the advice Hooch! And the offer! Once I get al outfitted, may still take a little while, we will have to catch up, talk hammocks, and maybe even get out on the trail sometime....

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enolounger View Post
    Thanks for the advice Hooch! And the offer! Once I get al outfitted, may still take a little while, we will have to catch up, talk hammocks, and maybe even get out on the trail sometime....
    Excellent plan. I'm up for a hike whenever I can get time off to do it.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    my 11' ers
    Tarp
    many of my tarps
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    Images
    I'm 235lbs and the WBguy recomended the 1.7 double for me... I'm very happy with the 1.7. As far as tarps,,, you can't have too many. If the profly is not enough for bad weather, use it to keep dew off and buy or make a larger one.

Images
    you're defiantaly at the upper limit of the dl1.1, so dl1.7 would give you more comfort.

the ridgeline of the bb is about 8'6", so your tarp won't give alot of overlap, but might be enough to get6 you by for awhile

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    I'm 6'1" and 245, and have a 1.7 double BB on order right now. I like the ability to slide pads in as I've used ccf, reflectix, insulated air mattresses, and UQ's all since I got my first HH 6 years ago.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Which Blackbird?

I'm 6'5" and 215 lbs...and Brandon recommended a 1.1 double layer for me. I have no experience to report since I'm still in the production queue.

Hammock
    Warbonnets!
    Tarp
    OES, WB
    Insulation
    Crowsnest, Leighs
    Suspension
    Webbing & Buckles
    I'm 6'1", 195 and went with the 1.7 double. I cant imagine being any happier with anything else. I also decided to stick with WB and went with the Superfly. It was a bit more than I had intended to spend but... WOW, is it sweet!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Over 200 and I'd say double 1.7, unless you're a weenie (the good kind), then a double 1.1 would work fine. I'm closer to 230 and I can sleep like a rock in Genuine Draft's double 1.1. The double 1.7 is flatter, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker.
    Trust nobody!

• + New Posts