Hammock
    Clark NX270 NX250, 2- Flex 180's
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl

best 20 degree underquilt for nx250 down only?

suggestions??

Bill

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    They will all work, none worse than others, all of them better.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl
    after looking at all of them I beleive your correct.
    Thanks as I have selected one
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by DemostiX View Post
    They will all work, none worse than others, all of them better.

Hammock
    TTTG SB dbl
    Tarp
    OES SWT
    Insulation
    HG 20/Exped Synmat
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    So which one did you select?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I use a JRB Greylock (I think it's a 3) with my Clark Tropical hammock. The corner tabs on the JRB quilts line up nicely with the Clark's tabs on their hammocks. Four mini-biners connect them nicely without too much weight.

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bear bag hanger View Post
    I use a JRB Greylock (I think it's a 3) with my Clark Tropical hammock. The corner tabs on the JRB quilts line up nicely with the Clark's tabs on their hammocks. Four mini-biners connect them nicely without too much weight.
    I've also used the four tabs on one Clark or another with one quilt or another. Because there is such a substantial seam to which to attach a new pair (or quartet) of tabs with no danger whatsoever to the integrity of the hammock from that stitching, I would encourage you to think of adding a pair in the seam of hammock bed and foot-end hood. Then, there's no dependence on the coincidence of tab span and UQ length.

That's no criticism of the JRB Greylock. It's a suggestion from someone with too many hammocks and too many quilts!! Ten minutes per hammock with a needle, thread, and a short strap, gros grain, folded-over fabric strip, or shock-cord and cord-lock, and you're ready for any UQ.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl

bought a flex 180

Bought a flex 180 so will need to have a quilt made.for it

thaks for all your help
    Bill

Hammock
    Clark nx250
    Suspension
    SlapStrap & Whoopi
    Quote Originally Posted by eightweight View Post
    Bought a flex 180 so will need to have a quilt made.for it

Bill
    In single person mode, any UQ will work. In 2 person mode, I would expect 2 UQs would work, just as they do for the Vertex, as each bed could be covered independantly.

A "naive" ultra-wide UQ for the vertex/flex would not work as well, as the gap between bodies would it impossible to get the UQ tight against the inside of each of the two bodies. That may or may not be a problem as ultimately on the other side of that uninsulated area is another body seperated by air, but you would be trying to heat a bunch of additional dead space and spreading out your body heat that much further.

A highly customized UQ could be concieved of, but it would be very expensive as it would require lots of shaping darts etc, and likely additional suspension to keep it tight in the middle to avoid the "naive" problem above. Also, it would probably only tend to work at a given width of "flex spread", so you would have to be very consistent in which trees you select.

The complex version is in effect just 2 seperate UQs, with some connecting fabric (and wasted insulation where nobody is sleeping)

All in all 2 seperate gives you the flexibility to use the hammock in single or flex mode, and also gives you compatability across to other hammock models, which is important for resale value.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Underground WD
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin 10 &20
    Suspension
    straps/cinch buckl
    I thank you for the suggestion as I will be using it in single person mode and have no current plans to use it for 2 but really like the space.
    Underground makes the zepplin and I did check to see if they could make it bigger and they can for a very reasonable price .
    the other is to just get a 20 degree incubator with extra down and be done as you can move that one all over the hammock.

I agree and thank you for the comment that the single would also work for my application

Bill

QUOTE=gaijin42;779713]In single person mode, any UQ will work. In 2 person mode, I would expect 2 UQs would work, just as they do for the Vertex, as each bed could be covered independantly.

A "naive" ultra-wide UQ for the vertex/flex would not work as well, as the gap between bodies would it impossible to get the UQ tight against the inside of each of the two bodies. That may or may not be a problem as ultimately on the other side of that uninsulated area is another body seperated by air, but you would be trying to heat a bunch of additional dead space and spreading out your body heat that much further.

A highly customized UQ could be concieved of, but it would be very expensive as it would require lots of shaping darts etc, and likely additional suspension to keep it tight in the middle to avoid the "naive" problem above. Also, it would probably only tend to work at a given width of "flex spread", so you would have to be very consistent in which trees you select.

The complex version is in effect just 2 seperate UQs, with some connecting fabric (and wasted insulation where nobody is sleeping)

All in all 2 seperate gives you the flexibility to use the hammock in single or flex mode, and also gives you compatability across to other hammock models, which is important for resale value.[/QUOTE]

• + New Posts