Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Thanks, for the ideas and pointers. I know it may not be the smartest thing, but I think I'm just going to go all in with the gear. If it doesn't work out I'm sure I could find somebody on the forum to take it off my hands. The last time my wife and I went camping we both slept terrible so maybe I can get her set up too eventually.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Siltarp2
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Images
    It might make a difference because the top/bottom quilts may not work or be suitable for all hammocks.
    "YOU KIDS GET OUTSIDE AND AIR YOUR PANTS!"--MOM

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Thanks, I realize that not all quilts are compatible with all hammocks, but I'm planning on starting with the traditional gathered end style hammock. (I guess that's traditional) I actually just ordered a incubator from hammock gear and my parents ordered me a burrow. I think the top quilt should work for whatever hammock I end up with and if the incubator doesn't work out maybe I can sell or trade it. I'm halfway to my set up now.

Hammock
    WBBB XL custom 1.1 single.
    Tarp
    Cuben HG w/doors
    Insulation
    Exped DownMat
    Suspension
    Becket hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    I've actually got a pretty good Exped sleeping pad but if I get a hammock I really would like to go ahead and get the quilts. Maybe I can get my family to go in together and help get me started. Probably try to get the underquilt first and use my sleeping bag till I can get a top quilt.
    I would try it with the Exped first(if it is a downmat) before getting a bottom quilt. I have a Yeti UQ but have only used it a few times because I think the downmat gives me a much better nights sleep. I might even try selling the yeti here on the forum if I can get my post count up to 50. Oh, did anyone notice I have made several posts today?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    I really like my exped. I slept on it for thirteen nights in the pacific northwest this summer. It's a great pad. It seems that the general consensus is that most people prefer the UQ though. I will definitely try both ways when I get a hammock. Oh, mine is not the downmat. It's the synmat 7 I think (its yellow). I think the r value is 3.7 or something like that.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by aclawrence View Post
    Thanks, I realize that not all quilts are compatible with all hammocks, but I'm planning on starting with the traditional gathered end style hammock. (I guess that's traditional) I actually just ordered a incubator from hammock gear and my parents ordered me a burrow. I think the top quilt should work for whatever hammock I end up with and if the incubator doesn't work out maybe I can sell or trade it. I'm halfway to my set up now.
    congrats on your new gear

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12