Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Fall MAHHA Prehike to Gathland

I Am planning to prehike into the Gathland State Park for MAHHA.
    I plan on hiking Northbound from Harpers Ferry to Gathland.
    On the trail hopefully Thursday morning October 13th.
    I may have Wednesday the 12th open as well so perhaps a bit further South then Harpers Ferry is also possible for a Northbound starting point.
    Any suggestions?
    More details coming soon.
    I have an idea that SweetbabyD is interested. Any others are welcomed!!
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Put me down as a possible from HF north.Do you have anything in mind for a shuttle. I'd just need to have a way back to my car or leave the car at Gathland and shuttle to the start. Lets see what we can do. I'm pretty sure I have the time off. I may even be up for further south and start on Wed. I'd like to know what kind of miles you plan on doing also. Planing stage -Yea!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    I took off from the 12th on, so that I could make the hike. Looking forward to it. I'll have to take a closer look at my AT map for that portion and see if I have any suggestions.
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    We could just do an easy day on Wed. to start the hike. Then everyone could do their own thing getting there. Then hit it for Thur. hard as we want and finish out on Fri. Just sayin.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I can pick everybody up at Gathland on Wednesday the 12th ( at Least 4 can fit in my Scion XB, and at least one hiker can be roof strapped ) I can Drive South to our Starting point, then I will need someone to drive me back to my vehicle before the end of MAHHA.

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Tents View Post
    Put me down as a possible from HF north.Do you have anything in mind for a shuttle. I'd just need to have a way back to my car or leave the car at Gathland and shuttle to the start. Lets see what we can do. I'm pretty sure I have the time off. I may even be up for further south and start on Wed. I'd like to know what kind of miles you plan on doing also. Planing stage -Yea!
    I would like to keep it at about 8- 10 mile per day with an arrival at the Fall MAHHA in time for a late morning or early afternoon tree picking for the remainder of the weekend on Friday the 14th.

John Denver--1943-1997

Images
    the 8-10 miles a day would kill me. post more detail.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    the 8-10 miles a day would kill me. post more detail.
    Not a problem!! We could divide the spoils when you kick over then carry you into MAHHA and have a wake!! That would be a MAHHA first!! Something to go down in the history books!!
    But seriously, we could just start from Harpers Ferry and make it two 5.5 mile days. I am a slow hiker myself ( I hike my hike, and I am usually the last one in) I like a slower pace when I hike to enjoy the beauty of the trail-Sort of like John Denver moments. I have no problem with starting out at Harpers Ferry on Wednesday and making two days out of it!!

John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    So what ya all think ? Start at the trail head near Harpers Ferry and hike north for two days?
    I think that would work and be an enjoyable time on the trail with the fall in full color.

John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    So what ya all think ? Start at the trail head near Harpers Ferry and hike north for two days?
    I think that would work and be an enjoyable time on the trail with the fall in full color.
    That is fine by me. I could do the 2, 8-10 mile days or the 2, 5.5 milers. I just want to soak it all up and enjoy the company on the hike in then at MAHHA.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast