Hammock
    Trimmed ENO Double
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by lubbockhammockguy View Post
    Don't forget there is also "I will take it, pending question"
    yeah because the question could be something simple as shipping carrier choice or options and someone would miss out because they didnt just outright buy it.
    Never let schooling get in the way of your education. -Mark Twain

Hammock
    11'ers, playing with wider options
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Camobob View Post
    yeah because the question could be something simple as shipping carrier choice or options and someone would miss out because they didnt just outright buy it.
    Well in that case. It should state the question. "Pending size small" etc. So we all know.its just not a wheel n deal session. If there is no definant "Ill take it" and I claim it I expect to get it. Heck Id want it $5 cheaper or to trade an item..but thats not how it works IMO.Just as you expect me to take it. I dont wanna have to wait for someone to make up their mind. This also goes to the seller to be very descriptive and post links if possible. Ive lost out on many because I wasnt hip to the new gear etc. Nature of the beast! But Im ready now.

One simple rule of public claim. We can as sellers and buyers manage the perticulars I believe by being thorough in our posts and claims. If a deal falls through for a specific reason. Post that reason.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    It would seem to me that price bids should be the exception to the rule. It's not an auction. For an "I'll take it per PM" that would not lock the price at whatever the low bid was in the PM. If there is a second bidder willing to pay the asking price give the first one the option of pay if full or drop out.
    Just my thoughts, a low bidder should not get to dictate the sale.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    I think the first " I'll take it" post should get the item....period. Anything other than that gets trumped by an subsequent "I'll take it" post. I know that some will say that they would take an item if they knew certain info like size, color, age, condition. But if someone is willing to pay full price with no questions or exceptions, then they should get the item. If you have questions or want to negotiate a price, then you should accept the risk of losing the item. I do agree that sellers should put as much/accurate info in their for sale ad as possible to cut down on the follow-up questions. Sellers should also follow up with a post indicating that the item is sold in a timely manner.
    I'll take it, or I'll take it, PM sent, should be the only accepted purchase posts. Not "I'm interested, I have questions, dibs pending xyz." Take it or leave it. I think a simple and clear system eliminates problems.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    BPWD 9x9 RECT
    Insulation
    20* Phoenix +DIYTQ
    Suspension
    WBBB Stock Straps
    Images

Offer Sent

Ok, so in my case, I posted in the forums that I had sent an offer, as in "PM sent with offer". That offer being a full price offer to the seller. Then the seller sold it to the next guy who posted "I'll take it". I didn't say pending any counter-offer or anything, I just said "Offer Sent". I took that to be an "I'll take it" type of post. If I'm wrong here, that's fine, but I CLEARLY stated that I had made the offer first in the forum. It's just frustrating because I made the commitment to the scoutmaster on this item on the assumption that the OFFER I made was basically a done deal. If I lost the deal because of a poor choice of words, then fine, that's just my fault. But I thought the intent was clear, and this type of a post should hold standing.

-Sap
    The perversity of the universe tends towards a maximum. -- O'Toole's Corollary of Finagle's Law

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappy View Post
    Ok, so in my case, I posted in the forums that I had sent an offer, as in "PM sent with offer". That offer being a full price offer to the seller. Then the seller sold it to the next guy who posted "I'll take it". I didn't say pending any counter-offer or anything, I just said "Offer Sent". I took that to be an "I'll take it" type of post. If I'm wrong here, that's fine, but I CLEARLY stated that I had made the offer first in the forum. It's just frustrating because I made the commitment to the scoutmaster on this item on the assumption that the OFFER I made was basically a done deal. If I lost the deal because of a poor choice of words, then fine, that's just my fault. But I thought the intent was clear, and this type of a post should hold standing.

-Sap
    If I was to have read it, to me it sounds like a lower offer or trade perhaps. "Ill take it" is pretty clear. I think the example or coined phrase is there to weed out this misconceptions. Kind of a forum standard.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly by WB
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Adj. Straps
    "PM'd with offer" is definitely not acceptable over "i'll take it." an offer could be anything... I.e. I will trade you 3 baseball cards and a picture of my first wife for your Warbonnet Blackbird and Superfly.

I do believe that everything is negotiable, but if you are negotiating the deal and someone will buy it full prce sight unseen then the deal is done.

Just an opinion though.

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Ok, now that the question has been answered about dibs, I have one for you that has happened to me and others. Can a seller post an item here and other places on the net, ie eBay/Whiteblaze/etc and when a buyer replies with an "I'll take it" post, can the seller say, sorry, I already sold on it on eBay/Whiteblaze/etc? Meaning, when posting an item here, must the item sell only here?

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG4S, Dyneema
    Insulation
    HG Custom, EE
    Suspension
    Whoops, Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    Ok, now that the question has been answered about dibs, I have one for you that has happened to me and others. Can a seller post an item here and other places on the net, ie eBay/Whiteblaze/etc and when a buyer replies with an "I'll take it" post, can the seller say, sorry, I already sold on it on eBay/Whiteblaze/etc? Meaning, when posting an item here, must the item sell only here?
    This came up a while back. Concensus was "yes" they have the right to sell to whom ever/ where ever they choose.

I feel that this is an unfair agreement. This came about during a conversation about claiming a item then backing out. Sellers were unhappy about this hapoening and said an "Illtake it" was like the "buy it now" button or set in stone lets say. I stated an issue like your question, saying if you (seller) want a gauruntee then I (buyer) want one as well. May have fell on def ears. But I think its a lil one sided. JMO. About as unfair as folks taking pm offers and just saying " sold" and there has been no claim.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast