New Warbonnet

I could have stayed in the cabin but what fun
    would that be. temps where down to 32 last night
    and was toasty warm

Pictures of the hammock covered and there are
    some pictures of the Blackbird in my gallery

well I had three days of staying in the blackbird
    and it is real hard to say which one I like better
    the Clark or the Blackbird I like them for different reasons.
    They both have there selling points. Both are very very comfortable
    both have handy places to store things. Both are warm
    although I have not had a chance to put the Blackbird
    in real cold weather.

I ordered the UQ as well and as of today I need to work on how that its suppose to connect everytime I put it on several times but seem to have a biggap on both ends and not real sure I am going to fix it but
    I will.

After hanging with it on there I can see how people like
    the full length UQ's and maybe some time next year I will spring
    for one unless I find one cheap on here but I dont see that happeing
    any how I am pleased as can be with the Warbonnet Blackbird and tarp oh
    I forgot to talk about the tarp WOW what a tarp when I woke up this morning I found that it is such a pleaseing color between the bug net and the tarp it was very nice to wake up too. I did'nt notice it the other day's because the weather was poor.

It is a hand full to put up in the wind though I had a friend help me get it put up to keep it from blowing around. I am sure I could have done it myself in the wind but there would have been some fowl words being used.

So all in all I think the craftsman's ship is outstanding on every piece and the customer service is top notch I will say this again that is why I by from cottage owners first. Very top notch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    nice cabin cavediver!

on the uq, it sounds like you don't have the shockcord running over the top of the footbox, but rather under lour legs, and the head end edge should be pulled down around your shoulders instead of up near the top of your head.

looks like you might not be getting the ridgeline on the tarp fully extended, or that it loosened alot during the night, are you tying directly to the tree?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    Got my new Blackbird, too. It was waiting on me when I got home from Germany on Friday. I haven't had a chance to put it up and lay in it yet as the time change thing has kicked my tail a bit. When I do, I'll post my own review. So far, I love it. It just looks and feels like a really first class piece of gear.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    nice cabin cavediver!

on the uq, it sounds like you don't have the shockcord running over the top of the footbox, but rather under lour legs, and the head end edge should be pulled down around your shoulders instead of up near the top of your head.

looks like you might not be getting the ridgeline on the tarp fully extended, or that it loosened alot during the night, are you tying directly to the tree?
    I had the shock cord over the gathered end of both ends and then slid the UQ down to where I thought I needed it which was right about at the top of my shoulders.

as for the tarp i had it tied to the tree directly but it did losen up a bit with the winds we had gust up to 25miles an hour at times but they stayed down to around 10 all night.

Images
    after it is attached to the hammock, you have to make sure the cord passes over the foot box rather than under the hammock when you get in. if not there will be a gap at the butt end.

here's a pic of what i mean.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Brandon - in that pic, there is a panel of DWR over the foot...the one connecting the hammock/grosgrain to the main portion of the bug net. Why did you make this DWR rather than bug net? Seems both good and bad - would keep the wind off in winter but would also restrict the view and ventilation in summer. Is there an option to get this panel made of bug net?

Unless I'm just not seeing the picture right, which is possible.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    There is a panel of DWR over the foot box, but I don't think it affects visibility much. I personally like it like that - in general the right side is better protected against the wind, so it gives you another good tool for site selection. The blackbird is so spacious inside that the solid material over the footbox isn't an issue at all.

Images
    it's also the same piece of fabric that forms the shelf, you could make the shelf/footbox panel out of netting, but i hadn't considered it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    I had the shock cord over the gathered end of both ends and then slid the UQ down to where I thought I needed it which was right about at the top of my shoulders.

as for the tarp i had it tied to the tree directly but it did losen up a bit with the winds we had gust up to 25miles an hour at times but they stayed down to around 10 all night.
    Also, make sure the quilt is not too high above your shoulder, too far towards your head. (sounds like you had it about right, but just in case) Just slightly too far and a gap will open up at the head end, not sure about the foot end. At least on a Claytor or BMBH.

Also make sure it is tight enough. And "enough" may seem to be a good bit tighter than you would have thought. Most likely, it needs to lift the unoccupied hammock a couple of feet or more. I was real paranoid at first about having it too tight and damaging something. So I would tighten it way up, and leave the quilt part shoved towards the foot until after I got in. Then I will reach down and pull it up under me, kind of like puling a quilt over your top, but under your bottom. This way I can tell if it slides easily enough, without too much strain.

Keep playing with it. It is really simple and easy and works like a charm, at least with a Claytor, and maybe(probably) with a BMBH.

What kind of insulation is in yours?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whooo Buddy! I got my Blackbird a few days ago but today was my first time to fiddle around with and in it. I napped out in 27º weather today with my 1/2 UQ and a BA Insulated pad. Wow. Toasty and really comfy. Lots of shoulder room as all have claimed. Awesome craftsmanship.
    This is my first hammock with tie outs and I think I will adjust to them. No biggie really. Shelf is handy as I don't have lean up to reach anything.
    I am going to add the sleeve to my
    UQ and run the shockcord through but mine works fine right now. I did naturally have the shockcord go over the footbox.
    In the near future I will post a more thorough review after a trip to the piney woods.
    Terrific product Brandon. I am pleased.....
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts