Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    ive got most of my used gear spoken for.the remaining two things i could bring that are still for sale are,little bug wood- alcohol stove ,new never used with pouch.i also have a osprey atmos 65 pack.30 dollars on the stove and 140 on the pack.pack is last years model,5-600 miles on her,very good condition.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    Hey guys, just wanted to let you know my son and I "won't" be able to make it down Friday evening; I'm having to travel on business the end of this week and won't be getting back in town until late Friday night. I'm part disappointed, part relieved

Anyway, we'll be there Saturday morning; did an overnighter last week to test the new UQ and TQ; they work great although I'm going to need a larger tarp. I have a Warbonnet Edge Tarp that I'm using on a BIAS hammock which is longer; the ends of the hammock are out past the tarp unless I shorten the hammock ridgeline as far as I can. I can get it under there but then the hammock hangs a lot lower compared to the tarp; not an ideal combination and in anything other than a light straight down rain I'll have problems.

Time to research a larger but lighter weight cuben fiber 4 season

See you all Saturday
    Gideon

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    We're just 5 days out! The weather looks great so far! See you all Saturday morning.

Fri
    Nov 16
    High 56°
    Low 30°
    Sunny
    CHANCE OF RAIN:0%
    WIND:NE at 6 mph

Sat
    Nov 17
    High 55°
    Low 33°
    Partly Cloudy
    CHANCE OF RAIN:10%
    WIND:E at 7 mph

Sun
    Nov 18
    High 53°
    Low 34°
    Mostly Cloudy
    CHANCE OF RAIN:0%
    WIND:ENE at 6 mph
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

Hammock
    Darien UL/Roaming Gnome
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ's
    Suspension
    Dutch speed hooks
    I'm excited; glad it's going to be cold out! Can't wait to see how my son likes his first night in a Hammock and in cold weather to boot! I know he'll be warm as toast; planned every detail from underwear to boots to layers to...well, you get the idea.

Funny how as we get older we get more excited about watching our kids have these experiences than we do in having them ourselves. It's the difference between bagging your 30th deer versus watching your kid get their first ever.

I'm also glad there's little chance of rain; I'm sporting mighty small tarps!

Gideon

some pics from a Nov 2010 trip to bell mountain

Here are some pics from my solo overnight hike at Bell Mountain on Nov 18, 2010 (before I went to the trees). Been back there 2 or 3 times. Really pretty area. Do bring plenty of water. Great views at the top in the morning. I've hiked in from both trailheads and both are nice. I may be able to join you fellas, we'll see. Sounds like a good time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Darien UL, Ridgerunner, DIY
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ,TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I'm excited; glad it's going to be cold out! Can't wait to see how my son likes his first night in a Hammock and in cold weather to boot! I know he'll be warm as toast; planned every detail from underwear to boots to layers to...well, you get the idea.

Funny how as we get older we get more excited about watching our kids have these experiences than we do in having them ourselves. It's the difference between bagging your 30th deer versus watching your kid get their first ever.

I'm also glad there's little chance of rain; I'm sporting mighty small tarps!

Gideon
    50's sounds great- just got back from the Iowa hang and it was 75 on Saturday and only got down to around 50 that night-
    "nature speaks in the silence between words"
    www.mustexplore.blogspot.com

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by jjschaf View Post
    Here are some pics from my solo overnight hike at Bell Mountain on Nov 18, 2010 (before I went to the trees). Been back there 2 or 3 times. Really pretty area. Do bring plenty of water. Great views at the top in the morning. I've hiked in from both trailheads and both are nice. I may be able to join you fellas, we'll see. Sounds like a good time.
    very nice pics,im really going to like this trail.

Hammock
    DB72, DIY tablecloth, Kammok
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies + Dutch
    Unfortunately, I can't make it to the hang - my big Thanksgiving dinner and get-together are now on this Saturday, not the actual holiday (it's a long story).

I wish I could be there - between the weather forecast and jjschaf's photos, it looks like it's going to be a great time.

Hammock
    modded grand trunk sb pro
    Tarp
    cammo 8' x 10'
    Suspension
    woopie
    There are 2 trailheads off of highway A. One is rite on the highway and it is the intersect for bell mt. And the ozark trail but only has a ozark trailhead.. The other is off highway A about 1 3/4mi in on a gravel road. This one actually has a bell mt. Wilderness trailhead. Which one are we meeting at?

Hammock
    Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator; Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The two trailheads are described on the forest service site as such:

How to get here:
    FT 12 Trailhead: from Potosi, MO, take Hwy 21 South 18 miles to Hwy 32. Take Hwy 32 West 8 miles to Hwy A. Take Hwy A South approx 1/4 mile to first Forest Road SE Go approx 1/4 mile SE to site.

Hwy A Trailhead: from Potosi, take Hwy 8 one mile East to Hwy 21. Go South on Hwy 21 for 11 miles. Or take Hwy 21 South for 17 miles to Hwy 32. Take Hwy 32 West for 8 miles to Hwy A. Take Hwy A approx 5 miles South to site.

We are meeting at the latter. The "Hwy A Trailhead". It's a small parking lot right on the hwy.
    Here's the google map I posted before in case anyone missed it: http://goo.gl/maps/z83A8

We're almost there!
    With beauty all around you, may you walk.

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast