Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    LoL. Hey I think the more the better. But I don't know if we should scare them off just yet.

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    yeah i know what you mean. Besides I can always bring an extra rifle for someone just getting into hunting(cannibal can I convert you?)
    I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane. - Waylon Jennings

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    on second thought, I don't know if I want to be in the mountans with a guy named cannibal and hand him a gunall we would need is some banjo pickin' and we could be filmming DELIVERANCE 2

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by plowhorse View Post
    yeah i know what you mean. Besides I can always bring an extra rifle for someone just getting into hunting(cannibal can I convert you?)
    Ha! I've got at least as many firearms as hammocks. I killed one deer when I was a youngin; didn't care for it. But, as a kid growing-up in Texas, you'd better learn to shoot. I'm a **** good paper-killer these days. My grandpa (greatest man ever IMO) was a sniper back in the day. I was lucky to have him as a instructor. I really enjoy and have been through several 'urban defense' courses and very much enjoy target shooting on dynamic ranges.

But, critters...nah. I'll be the first in the chow line, but I'll let someone else pull the trigger.
    Now, if you need a beer can shot from a couple hundred yards...that's something I'm very well equipped for.
    Trust nobody!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Ha! I've got at least as many firearms as hammocks. I killed one deer when I was a youngin; didn't care for it. But, as a kid growing-up in Texas, you'd better learn to shoot. I'm a **** good paper-killer these days. My grandpa (greatest man ever IMO) was a sniper back in the day. I was lucky to have him as a instructor. I really enjoy and have been through several 'urban defense' courses and very much enjoy target shooting on dynamic ranges.

But, critters...nah. I'll be the first in the chow line, but I'll let someone else pull the trigger.
    Now, if you need a beer can shot from a couple hundred yards...that's something I'm very well equipped for.
    I'm a hunter myself but I completely understand your mindset. I'm put off by the complete lack of reverence exhibited by some of today's TV hunters, all the whooping and hollering and what not after a kill.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    I'm a hunter myself but I completely understand your mindset. I'm put off by the complete lack of reverence exhibited by some of today's TV hunters, all the whooping and hollering and what not after a kill.
    Thanks.
    I often catch a bunch of flack from my huntin buddies about not wanting to take down critters. Nice to hear kind words for a change.

Genuine Draft's son would very much like to join the hang/hunt. He's on a mission to bag an Elk so he can send back pics to his dad aka: "the big game hunter". His dad lives in Florida. Anybody seen the size of the deer in Florida? There are bigger dogs in my neighborhood. Gotta love a 19 year old whose main mission in life is to make his dad feel inadequate. I"ve met the 'man', shouldn't be too difficult.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WARBONNET BLACKBIRD
    Tarp
    wallyworld blue
    Insulation
    YETI
    Suspension
    straps and rings
    Images
    cannibal I have nothing against people that don't hunt. For me it's being out there that matters, not killing something. As far as deer size, I know what you mean I hunt california blacktail. My 4 month old st bernard is almost as big as one.

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I aggree with Plowhorse, I would like to be sure we keep this a hang first and a hunt for those that would like to second. And if someone gets a elk or a deer well then we have better meat for dinner, breakfast, lunch, snacks, brunch, lunner, and as much more meat as we can stuff in MMMM I love real meat! But realy please don't get turned away if you don't hunt and think you might like to come. There are so many places to hike, backpack, see and do all the folks that don't hunt can have a load of fun. There are hot springs all over the place, mountains to hike and climb, rivers to fish, you name it, there is something for everyone to enjoy up here. I am not much of a hunter myself so depending on were we end up deciding to pick as a basecamp I might spend as much time hiking as anything else, I just love being in the mountains! So I guess I am saying is everyone is welcome, hunter, fisher, hiker, all hangers alike! Groundlings will be even accepted, although maybe we sould have shirts printed up that say "I am a Groundling" on one side and "help me!" on the other!?

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Elk tag for an out of stater is $450. I think Ricky almost cried.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Elk tag for an out of stater is $450. I think Ricky almost cried.
    Ouch, I knew it was up there but man, well hope that dose not kill it for everyone. Deer tags are a bit less it looks like, closer to $300. And hey if the Fish and Game do go through with some of there plans you might be able to get a Wolf tag by next year. Now what would "the big game hunter" say to his boy getting a wolf?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast