Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Webbing and Knots

Lawson Blue Ridge Camp Hammock Bed Mod Idea

I'm thinking, since I want to put a pad under my modified Lawson (it is now a gathered end hammock. No spreaders), of attaching elastic bands and a weather shield to the base (see the picture).
    I got the idea from the Clark Jungle Hammock's underpockets and the notion that if I carried a pad, I'd have all the necessary gear if I needed to go to ground.
    I will need to figure out how to attach the weather shield so I can easily stick the pad in through the elastic, and what material to construct the weather shield out of.
    Has anyone attempted a similar modification and/or can offer some advice?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    with Doors
    Hello, Do you still use your LBRH? It was my first hammock and I love it but do not like the weight and pack size. I am thinking about removing the spread bars. Is it significantly lighter? do you remember how many lbs it was without bars? thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikums View Post
    I'm thinking, since I want to put a pad under my modified Lawson (it is now a gathered end hammock. No spreaders), of attaching elastic bands and a weather shield to the base (see the picture).
    I got the idea from the Clark Jungle Hammock's underpockets and the notion that if I carried a pad, I'd have all the necessary gear if I needed to go to ground.
    I will need to figure out how to attach the weather shield so I can easily stick the pad in through the elastic, and what material to construct the weather shield out of.
    Has anyone attempted a similar modification and/or can offer some advice?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by stoli View Post
    Hello, Do you still use your LBRH? It was my first hammock and I love it but do not like the weight and pack size. I am thinking about removing the spread bars. Is it significantly lighter? do you remember how many lbs it was without bars? thanks in advance!

Not sure you will get a reply. This thread is 6 years old and Mikums has not been on the forum since 11-18-2015. For a lighter weight bridge that's better for backpacking check out the Warbonnet Ridge Runner. Would trim pounds out of your load versus a Lawson.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    Gathered End
    Tarp
    with Doors
    Thank you for your reply. I am leaning more toward getting a regular hammock with integrated bug net. no more bridge hammocks for me because of the weight and pack size. I am eyeing on warbonnet or hennesey. they both look good

Quote Originally Posted by pgibson View Post
    Not sure you will get a reply. This thread is 6 years old and Mikums has not been on the forum since 11-18-2015. For a lighter weight bridge that's better for backpacking check out the Warbonnet Ridge Runner. Would trim pounds out of your load versus a Lawson.

• + New Posts