Hammock
    BIAS WWM w/ Knotty
    Tarp
    Shangri La
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 & Bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Shipping notice today and it's a day early!

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I spent the last couple of days researching DIY hammock projects and it's given me a better understanding of what great deals some of our cottage vendors such as BIAS provide.

For example, I could make a Weight Weenie clone from 1.1 oz ripstop nylon and the cost of materials would be around $45 retail. Or, I could buy one from BIAS for around $48.

Once you calculate the cost of materials, you have to calculate your own labor costs at somewhere between 0 cents an hour and $.25 an hour to think that you are saving money. While I'm sure I would be proud of a DIY hammock, I can't cost-justify the expense of my own time during the learning curve.

More power to the DIYers, but I'm still going to evaluate whether it is worth my time to make gear, or just leave it to the cottage vendors.

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I spent the last couple of days researching DIY hammock projects and it's given me a better understanding of what great deals some of our cottage vendors such as BIAS provide.

For example, I could make a Weight Weenie clone from 1.1 oz ripstop nylon and the cost of materials would be around $45 retail. Or, I could buy one from BIAS for around $48.

Once you calculate the cost of materials, you have to calculate your own labor costs at somewhere between 0 cents an hour and $.25 an hour to think that you are saving money. While I'm sure I would be proud of a DIY hammock, I can't cost-justify the expense of my own time during the learning curve.

More power to the DIYers, but I'm still going to evaluate whether it is worth my time to make gear, or just leave it to the cottage vendors.

Agreed!....I just ordered a BIAS WW myself......They really seem like good folks!.....that price WITH suspension!!!!!........not even a question.....Order it!.....but wait a day or two...till Brain gets mine out

Athens
    Last edited by Athens-m50; 07-17-2012 at 21:12.

Images
    I love mine and I bet yours shows up sooner than they told you. WWM DL, I have only had it for 4 weeks, but I have managed to get 7 nights in it so far, I will pick up another 8 before the month is out if the planets line up. Great product, took me about 2 nights to get it right, now I couldnt be happier. I also got their buganator and hang it under a Wilderness Logics Tadpole. Enjoy!

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    Did not do the buganator..."YET"....was going to try the Battery operated thing that someone said they had good luck with....and Premitum (i'm sure that is not spelled correctly).

may end up with a bug net.....but can add later

Hammock
    BIAS WWM w/ Knotty
    Tarp
    Shangri La
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 & Bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Athens-m50 View Post
    Did not do the buganator..."YET"....was going to try the Battery operated thing that someone said they had good luck with....and Premitum (i'm sure that is not spelled correctly).

may end up with a bug net.....but can add later
    Permethrin Might work, I get destroyed so I went with the bugnet, I've built a Fronky type before but when I priced the material it wasn't too far off what it would cost me at material+$10hr so I just had them do it.

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    Mine is in the mail!!!!!!!!!!
    Aghhhhhhh

Hammock
    BIAS WWM w/ Knotty
    Tarp
    Shangri La
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 & Bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Mine came in yesterday, looks excellent, the sewing is impressively done. Setting it up tomorrow after work, gotta rework my stand due to it's increaed length. Making a ARL here shortly for it

Hammock
    BIAS Weight Weenie
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Webbn w/Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonfreeman View Post
    Mine came in yesterday, looks excellent, the sewing is impressively done. Setting it up tomorrow after work, gotta rework my stand due to it's increaed length. Making a ARL here shortly for it
    Congrats Gordon.....Hope mine will be shipping soon....cant wait! .....What is "ARL"

Hammock
    BIAS WWM w/ Knotty
    Tarp
    Shangri La
    Insulation
    Incubator 20 & Bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Athens-m50 View Post
    Congrats Gordon.....Hope mine will be shipping soon....cant wait! .....What is "ARL"
    Adjustable Ridge Line

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast