Images

Question Sierra Designs Topbag

I have a SD Wicked Fast top bag that I don't like very much for ground sleeping. I roll around, and the insulation will lift up and provide a cold spot on my shoulders.

I have read that people sometimes get condensation problems when using a pad in a hammock due to the lack of circulating air around the pad that they normally feel when ground dwelling. My question is: if I use an underquilt that provides insulation around my shoulders, would the topbag be more likely to keep me warm unlike when on the ground?

I figure that with the lack of air flowing around, the topbag should be wide enough. What are your thoughts?

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    It may be better suited to use in the hammock as a top quilt instead of a sleeping bag. Unzip the bag and leave an ~12"-18" foot box on the foot end and put it over you like a quilt. Once the bag is opened up you may be able to move around without the insulation shifting on you.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Images

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by headchange4u View Post
    It may be better suited to use in the hammock as a top quilt instead of a sleeping bag. Unzip the bag and leave an ~12"-18" foot box on the foot end and put it over you like a quilt. Once the bag is opened up you may be able to move around without the insulation shifting on you.
    Thanks, HC4U!

I was thinking about going one step further, and just removing the bottom of the bag all the way to the footbox. It seems like it would be a PITA to get into, anyway...

• + New Posts