Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anarky321 View Post
    can someone recommend a brand of Permethrin?
    I use Sawyer brand. Available in both 12 ounce and 24 ounce spray bottles.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

so just lay the hammock out on the floor and spray the whole bottom like with a spray can? or should i hang it up?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by anarky321 View Post
    so just lay the hammock out on the floor and spray the whole bottom like with a spray can? or should i hang it up?
    If by 'floor' you mean anywhere indoors, then no.

Take it outside in the sunshine and hang it up to spray. It will dry faster that way and will be better ventilated.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Still on topic but different. I recently heard that plain old regular Listerine put in a spray bottle and sprayed on you and objects around you will keep the bugs and skitters away. Anyone ever tried it? tnhillbilly
    'Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the
    way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes
    the difference.' Edna Ellison

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnhillbilly View Post
    Still on topic but different. I recently heard that plain old regular Listerine put in a spray bottle and sprayed on you and objects around you will keep the bugs and skitters away. Anyone ever tried it?
    Listerine has such a high alchohol content that I have a hard time believing that it would leave any useful insect deterrents after the evaporation. YMMV

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    I use Permethrine concentrate and dilute it to use on whatever I am needing it for. But since I have gone pretty much organic for all of my pesticides around the house I only use it for treating my hammock gear and hiking clothes. I use a 2% solution and wash it in; it will last an entire hiking season (washings and everything), good stuff.

I use the Lemon Eucalyptus for on the skin protection. One application last for about 6 hours of normal activity, about the same as 30% DEET. It smells better than DEET but it sure burns in a cut or the eyes, so be careful.

DEET is a solvent, which is why you should never spray it on anything synthetic, it will break down the material very quickly. Glass is fine, as are watch crystals, but you need to know that not all watch faces are crystal (eye glasses as well), many are acrylic and will react with the solvent, usually becoming cloudy.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Images
    I use Repel Permanone same concentration as the Sawyer stuff but I can't get the Sawyer stuff up here they only carry the Repel.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogn8r View Post
    I use Permethrine concentrate and dilute it to use on whatever I am needing it for. But since I have gone pretty much organic for all of my pesticides around the house I only use it for treating my hammock gear and hiking clothes. I use a 2% solution and wash it in; it will last an entire hiking season (washings and everything), good stuff. .
    Do you mean you take an amount of 2% and add it to the washer? If so, how much do you add?

I got some of the Repel Permanone from WM today, but the label says it is only good for about 2 weeks?

Permanone = Permethrin?

i called my WM they said they didnt have anything called Permethrin

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 60 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    JRB 10 x 11
    Insulation
    New River/Owhyee
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Do you mean you take an amount of 2% and add it to the washer? If so, how much do you add?

I got some of the Repel Permanone from WM today, but the label says it is only good for about 2 weeks?
    I mistyped or misrememberd, either way I was wrong. I use a 0.25% solution! I have Permethrine in a concentrate and I can mix it in any percentage that I need. For treating my outdoor gear I mix up a 0.25% solution (3.2 oz per gallon), put it into a 30 gallon barrell and give everything a good soaking; then I let it air dry. Use and wash like normal. I drain off the rest and put it into spray bottles to use for general use, yard spray, kennel spray etc.

When mosquitoes get bad, like they are this year, I will mix up a hot batch and spray the yard after dark, really cuts down on the blood suckers; the nemotodes don't seem to control the mozzies like they do the fleas and ticks, of course I gotta re-apply the nemotodes after Ido it tho

Anyway, it works extremely well on fabric and seems to last through several washings, four or five at least.

buy it here in a 1 gallon jug or here in 1 quart bottle.
    "I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds
    Mind of a Rat Youtube Channel

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast