WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    I like using those big binder clips... You know the black ones with the metal wire handles... They work well to just clip on and hold onto the underquilt...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    I like using those big binder clips... You know the black ones with the metal wire handles... They work well to just clip on and hold onto the underquilt...

Yes they do for netless, I have tried them before and they are quite the pain on the netted hammocks (at least on mine they are) to keep in place. I think the ladder 'n' hooks like SGT Rock has on his will fix the shifting issue, I'm just lazy and will most likely do it last minute
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway
    It's always best if your an early riser!

Hammock
    WBRR/WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    That advice may prove to come in handy as my girl is a WILD sleeper. So wild in fact, I'm worried she may not make it through a night at all. How old were your girls (Cranky Bear) when they first started hanging?
    Do what needs to be done when it needs doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus19 View Post
    That advice may prove to come in handy as my girl is a WILD sleeper. So wild in fact, I'm worried she may not make it through a night at all. How old were your girls (Cranky Bear) when they first started hanging?
    They have been hanging for about 3yrs, so 4 and 8yrs old. I started them off with homemade flat bed sheet hammocks suspended from their bunk-beds (sadly they no longer have that bed anymore). They instantly fell in love with them and wanted to go hang in the woods with me. So we took them to a Mahha and it was rough for all of us the first time out, but they have slept in their hammocks many a night since and don't have a issue now.

I think it was the adjustment to the sounds and the unsure how close we were (even though we were like 3-4ft from them), and the fear's of the woods. I think it was the second or third time out that they finally started to adjust.

They are still active sleepers, in their beds they roll around sometimes head on the floor and feet/legs on the bed. But in the hammocks they move side to side and sometimes their heads are at the opposite ends they started with. So far no issues, at one time I was worried that they would end up flipping the hammock and sleep on the net , but so far that hasn't happened. I think the bowing of the hammock makes a pocket (per-say) and they just move around in that?????
    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

Another you could talk too for advise is Hangnout, as his daughter 2Sticks has been hangin for quite some time now. In fact there are a few videos that they have done with them hiking and hanging and showing their gear. Check em' out, I got a great deal of info from them (and others as well)!

Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    DIY Hexish Tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Those are some great looking cub pictures. We just got our cub yesterday. Now all three kids have their own hammocks (2 scouts, one cub). I haven't though of underquilts for them, but I may look into it now. So far we've just used a OCF pad under them with a windshield reflector. That's worked down to about 4-6C. It's a bit difficult for them to stay on though.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12