HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images

BIAS Weight Weenie ? for those weighting 210-220

Hi yall,

So I recently purchased a Weight Weenie BIAS Hammock and am so excited and cant wait to get my BIAS . BTW their communication and customer service is absolutely excellent. At 7.52 ounces (and mine will be a bit lighter cause I got a dynaglide RL and dynaglide continuous loops) I am just jumping for joy.

The weight capacity is listed at 250 and I weigh between 210-220. So by all technicalities this hammock should hold me. I really wanted to test it out regardless and do NOT regret the purchase but I am curious to other peoples experiences none the less.

My number one concern is the stretch and not being able to get a flat lay. My second concern is always that of failure . Now please don't get me wrong I trust our vendors and BIAS however still a bit concerned about the failure part but more the comfort part. The 1.1 single Warbonnet Traveler weight capacity is listed at 200 lbs so I am curious as to why the difference in weight capacity BIAS Weight Weenie listed at 250. (PLEASE don't allow that question to turn this thread into a heated discussion I own several Warbonnet Hammocks and love them and am very excited about my BIAS hammock) I know on the BIAS website they talk about a triple stitching method they use as to why the higher weight capacity but I guess I am searching for some more peace of mind and maby some technical answers. I am just curious to hear other peoples opinions and how they found the comfort to be Inc a weight weenie who weight apx. the same as me. Or any ones opinion for that matter.

Thankeee for all those that chime in,

Peace
    LRR
    Last edited by lazy river road; 06-04-2012 at 09:14.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Banyan bridge, BIAS gathered
    Tarp
    ZPacks w doors
    Insulation
    HG; JRB
    Suspension
    Straps & beckett

Seems OK to me

in both backyard and on trail hangs, at 225 lbs.
    Find the LIGHT STUFF at QiWiz.net

The lightest cathole trowels, wood burning stoves, windscreens, spatulas,
    cooking options, titanium and aluminum pots, and buck saws on the planet

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    I have hammocks that are constructed of 1.5 single, 1.1 double, 2.5 single, and 1.7 double. At 200 pounds, there is a tremendous difference in stretch. Not saying "good" or "bad", just different. I have no qualms about any of these hammocks keeping me off the ground.

I would love to hear your feedback once you get your hammock compared to others you have used.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I too have other hammocks from different cottage vendors and Grand Trunk, Hennessy, ect. I use and like them all. Not knocking any of them either. I recently got a BIAS Weight Weenie and it is massive. It holds me fine at 225. Flat lay. As flat as any others I own. I didn't notice any abnormal stretch. It is a wide one. I am still dialing it in so it keeps getting better. The adjustable RL is the ticket. Very cool. I may change over a couple other hammocks to adj RL's. Trail and backyard tested. Approved.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Thanks guys, this makes me even more excited about my Weight Weenie,

Two Tents I ordered the standard RL cause that's what on all my other hammocks however I guess Ill have to whip up an adjustable one if need be. Thanks for everyone's input so far.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    I have the WW Micro and weight 190. It does stretch but not uncomfortable so. I think you would be fine with the WW.

S

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    So I tried out my WW in the back yard for an hour or two and found it to have a bit more stretch then I'd like almost to the point of me not really finding it to comfortable. I weigh between 210-215 and the weight limit is 250. So Well see what happens from here. maby Ill give it another go or end up selling it. Or give it to my nephew cause he asked for a hammock for his Birthday

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    So I tried out my WW in the back yard for an hour or two and found it to have a bit more stretch then I'd like almost to the point of me not really finding it to comfortable. I weigh between 210-215 and the weight limit is 250. So Well see what happens from here. maby Ill give it another go or end up selling it. Or give it to my nephew cause he asked for a hammock for his Birthday
    Might be worth giving it another shot. I had to hang in mine a few times and build an adjustable ridgeline, but I now have it dialed in and it seems to have an extremely comfortable, repeatable sweet spot. Hope it works out!

Cheers

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    I say give it another try. Flatten her out and spend the night. Report back in the morning.

S

Images

I went and did it...

Lot's of reading and researching the threads caused me to send several emails and PM's this week, I spoke to Brian at BIAS this morning, ordered the WW Micro in DL w/ Knotty Mods. I went DL because in case you havent heard there are some rather large mosquitos in Louisiana and I also want to stick my full length neoair xlite in between layers when it is cooler. I also ordered the buginator. The only bad news is they are gaining in popularity SOO fast there is a 10 lead time on production, so here I sit waiting...

Hey Moderator, probably need to look at starting a BIAS thread soon!

Cant wait! Will report my findings as they develop. If the product is half as good as the customer service, it's gonna be awesome.

THANKS, BRIAN!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast