Hammock
    Who can choose?
    Tarp
    DW Bonded P2F
    Insulation
    Unicorn Fur
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Annnnnnd - what was on my porch today but a package from HammockGear!!

Yay! Camping this weekend!! Hopefully tomorrow's rain will not dampen the underquilt. 30's expected for Sunday Night!!
    Medical professional, semi-professional Scouter, aspiring layabout.
    "If it's stupid, and it works - it's not stupid."

S487-132

Hammock
    Claytor JH, WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & Mamba
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles / WS
    Hey, congratulations! If heavy rain is still splashing under the tarp you could try hanging a Driducks poncho as a weathershield to protect the UQ.

Hammock
    HH UL Explorer
    Tarp
    OES Silnyl Deluxe
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    The 20* Burrow is on my short list of wants right after a ULA Circuit.

Hammock
    Who can choose?
    Tarp
    DW Bonded P2F
    Insulation
    Unicorn Fur
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    After the weekend's camping, I have to say that I love the 20* Burrow and the 0* Incubator - the Burrow was TOASTY!! There appears to be somewhat of a learning curve with the Incubator - I tried all weekend to get it to hang without gaps on the Hennessy with limited success; stayed nice and warm except when I moved or the wind blew and then I got a cold draft right down the back. I've got an order in to Dutch for some quilt hooks to put on the sides of the hammock that might help. I keep searching the forum and I know I'll find answers.

These go a long way towards filling the major items in the wishlist - no excuses to keep me off the trail now ... except for that pesky "work" thing ...

S487-132

I use the exact same setup and went throught he learning process myself OS, feel free to PM if you have any Q's in particular or post them on the forum for group feedback. I definitely took me a minute to get my process down but now it's pretty easy going and the range is remarkable on this set. Glad you got to get out there and get some tree time in

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Actually, you can give Adam a call & he can really help you out. You can set it up without using Dutchware just fine. There's loops along the outside of the Incubator, but I didn't even have to use them.

I tightened the shock-cord by a few inches (an extra knot), pulled the piece of shock cord from the S biner down to the middle loop (between each corner of the Incubator), then attached it with a micro-biner. I put an extra micro-biner up over the ridgeline to hold the shock cord up (kind of like 'triangle-thingys'). This causes the middle to pull up better along the length. See the photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Boomer; 02-22-2012 at 22:04. Reason: Add photo

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldScout View Post
    After the weekend's camping, I have to say that I love the 20* Burrow and the 0* Incubator - the Burrow was TOASTY!! There appears to be somewhat of a learning curve with the Incubator - I tried all weekend to get it to hang without gaps on the Hennessy with limited success; stayed nice and warm except when I moved or the wind blew and then I got a cold draft right down the back. I've got an order in to Dutch for some quilt hooks to put on the sides of the hammock that might help. I keep searching the forum and I know I'll find answers.

These go a long way towards filling the major items in the wishlist - no excuses to keep me off the trail now ... except for that pesky "work" thing ...
    Just sounds like a very common UQ learning curve."Hang" in there, You'll get it!

Weren't you using a HH Super Shelter before ( I might be thinking of someone else? ) Did you have any trouble with gaps when you moved, or when the wind blew, with that system?

Hammock
    Who can choose?
    Tarp
    DW Bonded P2F
    Insulation
    Unicorn Fur
    Suspension
    Beckett hitch
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Just sounds like a very common UQ learning curve."Hang" in there, You'll get it!

Weren't you using a HH Super Shelter before ( I might be thinking of someone else? ) Did you have any trouble with gaps when you moved, or when the wind blew, with that system?
    Yes, I was using a SuperShelter previously. The gap problem may have been unnoticed because I also used a CCF pad - but I had very few issues with cold breezes down the back. I did, however, discover that I am a "cold" sleeper and the system was insufficient for me. The UnderCover portion of the SS helps a lot with the system, I think - so I am wondering if the UQP from 2QZQ might alleviate some of the issues similarly.

Rodwolfy - thanks for the advice, I'll give that a try. Will need to modify the setup somewhat due to the HH bugnet over the ridgeline (no mini-biner possible), but I have some thoughts in that direction.

S487-132

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12