DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Big Ol' Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, Mummy TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopish Things
    Quote Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
    Just donated...that felt good...Shug better be funnier now...
    Sorry, not possible.

At least, not a good idea. I already check his youtube channel just about every day looking for a new video. If he were any funnier, I'd have to hide in the bushes outside his house or something.

If - if he stood! Enough of ifs!
    He knew a path that wanted walking
    He knew a spring that wanted drinking
    A thought that wanted further thinking.
    A love that wanted re-renewing

"A Lone Striker" Robert Frost

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
    Just donated...that felt good...Shug better be funnier now...
    No....but I do put some other types of videos from time to time....Music and unicycling stuff. Whoooooo Buddy welcome to the covert area.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Sorry, not possible.

At least, not a good idea. I already check his youtube channel just about every day looking for a new video. If he were any funnier, I'd have to hide in the bushes outside his house or something.
    I have been on the road all month so hard to get a video out))))) don't like doing one unless I have a muse. And I do have some muses to show.
    I have been to Lakeland, FL..... High Point, NC...... Charlotte, NC......South Padre Island, TX....now home for a show tomorrow then off to Mesa, AZ and then to Florida again for a week for shows. In my business, when it rains it pours.
    Shug the Busy
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    OES Standard
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Amsteel w\MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    No....but I do put some other types of videos from time to time....Music and unicycling stuff. Whoooooo Buddy welcome to the covert area.

I have been on the road all month so hard to get a video out))))) don't like doing one unless I have a muse. And I do have some muses to show.
    I have been to Lakeland, FL..... High Point, NC...... Charlotte, NC......South Padre Island, TX....now home for a show tomorrow then off to Mesa, AZ and then to Florida again for a week for shows. In my business, when it rains it pours.
    Shug the Busy
    Let me know when you're going to be in Carolina again. I'd like to see a show. Do you have a calendar on your site?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eflat7 View Post
    Let me know when you're going to be in Carolina again. I'd like to see a show. Do you have a calendar on your site?
    I don't have a calendar as a lot of my gigs are booked by private companies. I was in High Point for the University Family Weekend. Charlotte was a trip to see my family for a day.
    Nothing on the books for NC right now....other than to come down to the Gorge!!!!!!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    ENO Camo Profly
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Syb View Post
    This is a question better asked of a moderator via a private message.
    My inbox is open. They are welcome to PM me with the answer.

Again I am not against it as principle, just the connotation of the word donation. Donating and paying for a service are different in my mind.

When I donate to other organizations I am a member of I receive a financial statement showing how the money is spent.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Again I am not against it as principle, just the connotation of the word donation. Donating and paying for a service are different in my mind.
    It is a donation. No moderator here is paid for service; we're all volunteers. The funds are used solely for the operational expenses of the site. But no, the details aren't published.

Anyone that isn't comfortable with that is simply encouraged not to donate.

I, for one, have been a member and moderator here for a number of years. I've never received anything for that, aside from many wonderful friendships and a lot of great info. I make my annual contribution, just like everyone else.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WB Traveler Single 1.7/WBBB DBL 1.1
    Tarp
    ZPack CF/Superfly
    Insulation
    Mt Wsh 3/MMG Shamu
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    It is a donation. No moderator here is paid for service; we're all volunteers. The funds are used solely for the operational expenses of the site. But no, the details aren't published.

Anyone that isn't comfortable with that is simply encouraged not to donate.

I, for one, have been a member and moderator here for a number of years. I've never received anything for that, aside from many wonderful friendships and a lot of great info. I make my annual contribution, just like everyone else.
    Thanks for a great, straight-forward answer, and thanks for all that you mods do!!

Your efforts and the great folks here make it a wonderful place to "hang" out !!

SN
    Please visit my AmJustDuane YouTube channel

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Big Ol' Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, Mummy TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopish Things
    Donation n. A gift or contribution to a person, charity, or cause.

There is a difference between a donation, and a tax deductible donation. If you give $1 to a guy on the street, that's a donation.

I've never seen anybody claim that HF is tax deductible. 'Donate' as a term is used all over the internet and indeed the real world in a very similar fashion. Monetary support for a cause or organization that is not required for services rendered, but is encouraged to diffray the (substantial) costs of server space and bandwidth. And you know what? If a little bit of money is going in to the pocket of the moderators because they've gathered enough financial support to provide *ad free* (I don't count that little tiny banner. That's as unintrusive as an ad can get) content, I say more power to them. I've been a moderator for years on a site less than 1/5 the size of HF, and it is still dozens of hours a month in voluntary effort.

It seems like we're generally pretty good at policing ourselves here on HF. Misplaced threads seem to be the only real issue that crops up with any regularity, and those are a pretty quick fix, but I still have to believe that the mods here work their collective butts off to give us an incredibly high Signal To Noise ratio for such a huge forum. Most forums half this size couldn't dream of such quality of content.
    Last edited by Frost; 02-10-2012 at 18:19.

If - if he stood! Enough of ifs!
    He knew a path that wanted walking
    He knew a spring that wanted drinking
    A thought that wanted further thinking.
    A love that wanted re-renewing

"A Lone Striker" Robert Frost

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    ENO Camo Profly
    Insulation
    LeighLo UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thank you Angry Sparrow. That will work.

A few more questions, who does own this site? Does that person post? Can they be contracted?

You can answer by pm if you wish.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    A few more questions, who does own this site? Does that person post? Can they be contracted?
    The site is owned by attroll. He only posts occasionally, but does work in the background as needed. The site was founded by him, and Just Jeff. The rest of the admins and mods were added over time, as needed.

If you have a concern, contact any mod. All the mods share info and work together.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast