WBBB
    Tarp
    WBB Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Web
    Images

My Bird has Landed

Well, my BlackBird has landed.

Last week Brandon and Opie sent me emails saying that my packages were on the way. Wanting to watch my bird in flight, I went to the United State Post Office web site and signed up for all emails and notifications so I would make sure and be home when the Postperson arrived. The USPS guys are not like my UPS guy that knows where to put stuff in case I am not at home.

I watched every day going into the weekend and yet no movement on my bird. Then my package from Opie was at least at the Post Office in Lansing, but alas, it moved no farther. My poor BlackBird must have been wounded as it had not even left its nest according to USPS. I watched all weekend and neither package appeared to be on the move. I checked again on Sunday night around midnight and still nothing. I was beginning to think there would be no “hanging” for me this week in my new shelter.

Checking my emails this morning, the USPS now says my packages have magically gone from still being in their nest… to being at my local Post Office ready for delivery. How could that be? I signed up for tracking? I guess the USPS has a different business philosophy of the meaning of tracking than everyone else. As a disclaimer, I have been a UPS pilot for 21 years and guess I have gotten used to our way of tracking packages.

The main thing is the Priority Mail goodie packages from Brandon and Opie have arrived save and sound and are now set up on the back deck. I want to play with the adjustments, inspect the products and get familiar with everything before heading out on a trip. The quality appears to be superb and the “lefty” WBBB fits me perfectly. The weight of my new rig with tarp is lighter than my old rig without a tarp. Setup in half the time.

Brandon and Opie, thank you for your fine products. If either of you ever decide to change your choice of shipping companies, I might have a recommendation for you.
    Hammocker Prayer - "Don't every let my wife sell my hammock equipment for what I told her I paid for it."

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    I ship with USPS and I agree there tracking is not up to UPS or FedEx standards. I am waiting for my BB to get here

Senior Member carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    My bird landed today as well. I spent the last few hours chillaxing in her. She is such a beaut! Very well crafted and very good workmanship. Definitely worth the wait.
    Thanks Brandon!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Full UQ/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images

My Brownbird 'supposedly' arrived today via USPS

But nothing in the mailbox. Packages get put in a special lock-box and the key is placed in the recipient's mailbox. Today, tracking says it's here but no key.

I'm guessing that the key was placed in the wrong mailbox...*SIGH*
    "The green earth, say you? That is itself a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day." -Aragorn, 'The Two Towers' by J.R.R. Tolkien

Hammock
    Gnome 1.5sl, WBBB 1.1dl
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies

Talking Flight of Blackbirds

Seems like it was a great day for all you guys that found a blackbird on your porch today. I got mine today also. Boy knowing it's arriving today made my day drag a bit but I knew once I made it home I would be a very happy man. I was not disappointed either. Beautiful construction, light weight, I put it up right away as I'm sure most do. Congrats on your purchase guys, see you out there...

Hammock
    currently my DIY bridge
    Tarp
    8 x 10 sil tarp
    Insulation
    DIY tq,pads
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8pilot1 View Post
    Well, my BlackBird has landed.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinasbackpacker View Post
    My bird landed today as well. I spent the last few hours chillaxing in her. She is such a beaut! Very well crafted and very good workmanship. Definitely worth the wait.
    Thanks Brandon!
    Quote Originally Posted by BushMedic View Post
    I got mine today also. Boy knowing it's arriving today made my day drag a bit but I knew once I made it home I would be a very happy man. I was not disappointed either. Beautiful construction, light weight, I put it up right away as I'm sure most do. Congrats on your purchase guys, see you out there...
    Congratulations, all! Enjoy your birds!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 Trpl
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite Ultra 20
    Suspension
    1/8" Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner76 View Post
    I ship with USPS and I agree there tracking is not up to UPS or FedEx standards. I am waiting for my BB to get here
    USPS tracking sucks... plain and simple.

The Post Office tracking is a Joke they tell you when they get it and then after they get around to delivering it. Just like Priority and Express mail it is faster than regular first class but if you ask about delivery times they will tell you that the advertised times are not guarantied.

Senior Member carolinasbackpacker's Avatar
    Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    Hammock gear
    Suspension
    dutch hook mostly
    Although the tracking is a joke, I have found that having things shipped to me USPS priority is a day or two faster than UPS. I don't have any Fed Ex shipments to compare it with.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    Congrats all on your new birds... Might as well sell your beds now, life won't be the same..

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast