90"x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by swampfox View Post
    Boy, I'm way late to this dance. 19 pages already before I find it.
    Is there a way to let people know about upcoming hangs? I posted on the Palmetto State Hangers facebook page. Do people have to just check the planning thread? Should those planning send PMs to area hangers? I'm still really green about these things.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Palmetto State Hangers Treasurer <--Facebook Group Page
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    XL Rain Fly
    Insulation
    Not yet known
    Suspension
    strp/cb/rappelring
    I'm still coming to the hang.
    Marland

Hammock
    90&quot;x11' DIY Tablecloth
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by mullinax95 View Post
    I'm still coming to the hang.
    Great! Can't wait for this weekend!!
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [COLOR="#008000"][SIZE=2]SC Fall Sprawl 2016-Santee State Park - October 13-16---->

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Directions to the campground:
    After turning onto Parsons Mountain Lake rd, proceed until just past the host's camp on the right. Turn LEFT just BEFORE the fee station. Proceed until you see the sign for the campground on your left. Keep right at the fork and the sites (we hope to get #12 & #15) will be on your left very near the bathhouse.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    XL Rain Fly
    Insulation
    Not yet known
    Suspension
    strp/cb/rappelring
    Friend of mine told me that there has been some strange activity in that area. He does some hunting near Parsons Mt. He sent me this pictures not long ago.

He and his hunting buddy was in the woods and heard strange howling noises and knocking. He said his hunting buddy will not go hunting there anymore. My friend is a straight up guy and doesn't joke around. He thinks it was a bigfoot...more than one. He served in Iraq as a marine.

QUOTE: "I saw very large human like tracks while out hunting this weekend.

16" long bare foot with a deep heel, a good arch, ball of the foot and a large big toe, but it looked like the small toes were one pad, weird.

I saw several in several spots.

My buddy, who hunted about 1/8 of a mile away from me heard the same weird howling noises as I did, actually they we're about 50 yards behind him And another one about 75 yards in front of him down the ridge.
    I heard the weird howling right before first light while it was still pitch black.
    It sounded eerie as hell so I could imagine what it sounded like so close to him.

He also heard from the same locations of the howls sticks thumping a tree with a thud ....one near him did it first then the other.

Who knows what it was but it was friggin the weirdest thing I ever heard in the woods.
    The whole thing could be a hoax but if it was humans they sure moved quietly because the woods were dry and very noisy even walking slow.

I will be in the woods tomorrow in the same spot so if the tracks are there I will take pics.....weird.

The tracks were in heavy leafy ground and not in obvious mud like all other stupid, flat footed Bigfoot tracks I've seen on the Internet.

They ran a documentary not too long ago in the area I am hunting because of several reports of Bigfoot like creatures scaring the crap out of people.

I really don't believe anything I don't see with my own two eyes but I can't deny the tracks I saw regardless of what made them.

Hopefully they are still there, and If I'm lucky some new ones will be also.

The tracks are at a path at the top of a very steep ridge, almost cliff like.
    The cliff is covered with thick scrub pines and you can't see a foot into them.

If something 9 foot tall dragged me down there, I'm toast...lol.

I hope I can catch some hoaxers, maybe shoot an arrow in their rear, but whatever it is it did a good job because the tracks look real.

I found another set of tracks on the other side of the knob and traced it's actions......it looks like, by the way the right foot cocked to the outside, it was leaning out at the top of the knob to peek its head out past this big tree to observe the valley below where a bunch of trails funnel together.
    It looks like it kept its body shielded by the tree and just peeked out putting its full weight on the right foot....pretty wild.

If it is a hoax they did a good job, and the tracks don't look fake at all.
    They look like real large human feet but the small toes are weird, possibly bandaged....hmm.

This is cool regardless......will have my video camera mounted on my crossbow ready for action......
    Maybe get some deer footage if anything."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mullinax95; 09-30-2012 at 19:01.
    Marland

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    We don't have a Bigfoot...but isn't that area where The Lizardman was reported back in the 80's?

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    We don't have a Bigfoot...but isn't that area where The Lizardman was reported back in the 80's?

No, the Lizardman was down in Lee County going towards the Pee Dee area.
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    XL Rain Fly
    Insulation
    Not yet known
    Suspension
    strp/cb/rappelring
    Quote Originally Posted by Gresh View Post
    Bigfoot or Lizardman they both scare me! lol

Yall might be on your own!
    Marland

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WinterDream 11
    Insulation
    SnuggleBug
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch buckle
    Well, I haven't heard any rumors of anything like that around here. I have two good friends who knows these woods extremely well. I will ask if they have heard anything like this. As for the documentary, I'd be interested to see it. I did a google search, but nothing appeared for anything involving bigfoot in our area.

We will not be deep into the woods. Parsons Mountain has a lot of wildlife, but the largest thing I have seen there are deer.

Now, you aren't scared are ya???? I think there might be a few hangers bringing guns for the rifle range. I'll have my machette, if bigfoot comes around. ;-)
    Just me being me

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hammock
    Clark NX-150
    Tarp
    XL Rain Fly
    Insulation
    Not yet known
    Suspension
    strp/cb/rappelring
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebugdawn View Post
    Well, I haven't heard any rumors of anything like that around here. I have two good friends who knows these woods extremely well. I will ask if they have heard anything like this. As for the documentary, I'd be interested to see it. I did a google search, but nothing appeared for anything involving bigfoot in our area.

We will not be deep into the woods. Parsons Mountain has a lot of wildlife, but the largest thing I have seen there are deer.

Now, you aren't scared are ya???? I think there might be a few hangers bringing guns for the rifle range. I'll have my machette, if bigfoot comes around. ;-)
    I'll be packing since I have a concealed weapons permit.
    Marland

• + New Posts
  • Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast