Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AT and I-40

thanks HOI, I didn't want to get in trouble

de nada - besides I don't think Creek Dancer comes around here so no worries

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    ewker... i can't believe creek dancer let you post that picture of her in the privy
    nice shots as usual. i'll have to get you to teach me a few more of the wild flowers sometime.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Nice pics Ewker. What was the total distance / time to hike it? BD
    Just Jeff made me do it

BD, we did 66.6 miles in 6 and half days. We took our time and enjoyed every minute of it. Neither one of us wanted to stop at Dicks Creek Gap

Slowhike, she knew I was taking it and didn't complain. She was a great hiking partner.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Ewker, I enjoyed reading the trip report seeing the pics. Your photos are always very good. Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to posting my own.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Images
    Hooch, there is a wildfire in the Big Creek area right now. You may want to check this site to make sure it does not impact any of the facilities or backcountry sites you want to visit.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolicking Dino View Post
    Hooch, there is a wildfire in the Big Creek area right now. You may want to check this site to make sure it does not impact any of the facilities or backcountry sites you want to visit.
    Thanks for the heads up!
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Ewker, I enjoyed reading the trip report seeing the pics. Your photos are always very good. Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to posting my own.

can't wait to see them. That is a section I want to do, have fun and take lots of pictures.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    can't wait to see them. That is a section I want to do, have fun and take lots of pictures.
    Thanks Ewker. Like I said, I'm VERY excited about making this trip. I have my vacation time at work (15 whole days!) approved already and am just counting down the days as I prepare for it. I'm doing LOTS of walking/light jogging (It has to be light, anyone who's seen me know's I'm not the fittest of dudes) and taking short day hikes near my home, but going at a MUCH faster pace than I normally would. I've already gotten an extra memory card for my digital camera and am planning on taking plenty of pics. I just hope my best friend/hiking partner doesn't bail out on me at the last sec, I don't mind going it alone, but would really like to have some company for the hike. It's still about 5 weeks away, but you know the old saying: Prior planning presents pi$$ poor performance.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast