WB BB dbl1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ\TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbin
    Images
    Only you know what is best for you. I just hope all the information is helpful
    I really do appreciate all the help I get here on Hammockforums, thank you all

I emailed Hennesy and Warbonnet and asked what the shipping expences would be: Hennesy said 100 USD, Warbonnet said 35 USD.
    So if I cant get a Hennesy from somewhere else I go for the Warbonnet, but after reading alot in the forums the last days I think thats a good choice too

Hammock
    Hennessy UL Backpacker Asym
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HH Supershelter
    Suspension
    MSH,Whoopie slings
    Pretty expensive shipping to get that hammock to Norway... Ah well.

FWIW, I have a HH Ultralight Backpacker. I am 6', 170lb. I also use the stock fly and the supershelter. In fact, used the supershelter last week in 30F temps and it worked fine. I had no issues with the mylar noise- it was not as quiet as the plain nylon fabric, but not bad at all. I was kind of surprised how well the supershelter performed, better than I expected. If I had to do it all over again, I would probably have bought the larger 30D hex fly. The asym diamond-shaped fly is just a wee bit too small.

I am trying to decide whether to upgrade to the larger Hennessy hex fly, or get a larger fly with 'doors', although I guess Hennessy is selling this also called the "Monsoon" and "Typhoon". Has anyone tried out the HH rainflys with doors?
    Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.
    - John Muir

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Not sure if it always happens but...i upgraded to the hex fly and the stock fly was still in the sack with the hammock.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    I upgraded but didn't get the standard one, so I'm guessing yours was a mistake. Nice work if you can get it!
    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Koffar, if you generally camp in the high 30's then a 30 rated incubator with possibly an ounce of over stuff in it should easily keep you warm enough while wearing proper clothing. But everyone sleeps differently so you are the one that has to ultimately make the decision. Are you a hot or cold sleeper? But just for reference sakes I've taken my 20 incubator no over stuff into the teens. The incubator is a mighty fine quilt and has served me well for several years. It is certainly top notch gear. As for weather an UQ can be to warm or not well if you do get to warm their is always venting the UQ but if you back pack then your carrying the extra weight of the heavier UQ that may not be needed. If weight is not a consideration then I personally would go with the 20 but if you are weight conscious then I'd give some serious thought about getting the 30 and even possibly looking into the phoenix. I have no experience with the super shelter so I cant compare but I hope this helped some
    HYOH
    LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

May I suggest doing more research on shipping fees? A 300% (approximate) difference in shipping might mean one company is accounting for some fee that the other is not. Of course, Hennessy MAY be dealing with shipping from Canada VS the USA.

I can log into the US Postal Service or United Parcel Service and find out fees for shipping specific weight packages between specific cities. I would assume you can do the same.

Regards,
    Rosaleen

Hennessy Hammock afficionado and supporter.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Images
    $100 certainly sounds like a lot. I'm in Australia, and my Hennessy stuff came from New Zealand, so I guess that saves some $$. However that may be, I got a Deluxe Explorer Zip with a 70D Hex tarp, as well as an XL reflective bubble pad and a Scout and the delivery was $60 all up.

If it really is $100 from Hennessy, perhaps you could register with a mail forwarding service? Or have some kind soul in the States mail it to you?

Or maybe just buy a Blackbird.
    It's bad luck to be superstitious.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Typhoon
    Insulation
    TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    I have the HH Deep Jungle XL with zip & I love it. For me I like that I can set up my top quilt & put stuff into the hammock by just unzipping the side & using it as a lounger with ease, but that's me & other fokes who have used bottom entry love them too so it depends how you want to enter/exit the hammock.

I also have the Typhoon as I was sick & tired of the small stock fly that came with the DJ & with most HH, as you have to pull the sides down in exposed areas from the wind/rain, which the side of the tarp nearly touches the side of the hammock. The typhoon works amazingly well & the doors just add the extra protection with any midnight wind gusts. For me it works well as I'm a sea kayaker so I'm not in deep bush for protection & close to shorelines. The only thing is that they are more bulky & being a 4 season tarp, they require more stacks for tie downs. So just think what activity you might be using the hammock for & match up for the best price. Personally the $70 difference in delivery price I would go for a WWBB because the Blackbird is just shorter than the DJ & it will work out cheaper & spend the extra money towards upgrading your gear. Unless you're an ultralight hanger shop around & ask questions on HF as there are plenty of people on here who are keen to help.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"- Dr Suess

Hammock
    WB BB dbl1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UKhammocks UQ\TQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbin
    Images
    Are you a hot or cold sleeper?
    I`m a cold sleeper I think

When I camp on the ground in temperatures around 39F I use my 23F sleepingbag on a sleepingpad and a tarp for shelter. I also have to wear wool underwear and a balaclava to keep warm.

Hammock
    HH Expedition
    Tarp
    HH hex (heavy)
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    HH descender rings
    Images
    Your 10x10 (3x3?) will be fine for use with whatever hammock you ppurchase. A frame would have a 10' 3 m ridgeline which is about the minimum needed. Diagonal hang would have a ridgeline of 14 ft.(4.2 m)

For good basic information, look at

http://www.tothewoods.net/HammockCampingDry.html

You need insulation even in summer temperatures. I use a cheap closed cell foam pad (under $8) which is fine down to 32 (0 celsius). used this way
    http://www.imrisk.com/overlappad/overlap.htm
    I don't glue them, just lace a bit of twine through, then separate and roll to carry.

You might call the UK distributor to see if they can ship cheaper.
    http://www.hennessy-hammocks.co.uk/index.php?id=9

Don't forget that you must add VAT and import duty (and handling fees from the post office)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast