warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    So what ya all think ? Start at the trail head near Harpers Ferry and hike north for two days?
    I think that would work and be an enjoyable time on the trail with the fall in full color.
    i can totally do that MML and i like your pace. i would be happy to help shuttle with my honda element. only three weeks away - i'm excited!
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    1.7 SL WBTraveler
    Tarp
    HG 4-season Cuben
    Insulation
    Burrow and Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fubba28 View Post
    Where you located, Dylan? Central NJ can cover a lot of territory!
    I'm just off NJTP Exit 8 in Hightstown.
    - Dylan

“You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the 'present.'”
    ― Master Oogway

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark Std. XL Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ-Lost River
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabyd View Post
    i can totally do that MML and i like your pace. i would be happy to help shuttle with my honda element. only three weeks away - i'm excited!
    I like the idea of starting at Harpers Ferry after we meet up at Gathland late Wednesday morning the 12th and shuttle down to Harpers Ferry to start the hike.
    Just strolling along taking it easy and just doing a couple of 5 milers will be a big stress reliever and a great time to enjoy the season.
    This will give any hangers who don't want to tackle a couple of longer hiking miles an opportunity to enjoy a hike into Gathland for the Fall MAHHA.
    That’s my game plan!!
    I will be at Gathland parking lot (near the War Correspondence Arch) about 9:30 to 10 am on the 12th.
    MML--The Man, The Myth, and the Legend

"I am the eagle, I live in high country, in rocky cathedrals that reach to the sky;
    I am the hawk and there's blood on my feathers, but time is still turning they soon will be dry;
    All those who see me, and all who believe in me, share in the freedom I feel when I fly.”
    John Denver--1943-1997

Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL

game on

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    I like the idea of starting at Harpers Ferry after we meet up at Gathland late Wednesday morning the 12th and shuttle down to Harpers Ferry to start the hike.
    Just strolling along taking it easy and just doing a couple of 5 milers will be a big stress reliever and a great time to enjoy the season.
    This will give any hangers who don't want to tackle a couple of longer hiking miles an opportunity to enjoy a hike into Gathland for the Fall MAHHA.
    That’s my game plan!!
    I will be at Gathland parking lot (near the War Correspondence Arch) about 9:30 to 10 am on the 12th.
    MML - i like your game plan! and other HF friends - see you at Gathland State Park, MD , Oct. 12th at 9:30.
    an easy pace and enjoying the beauty of fall (let's start putting in our orders for good weather - i hear mother nature accepts PayPal...)

donna

If you dont mind doing a little teaching along the way and dragging a new person along I'd like to try and make this one. It could be my first backpacking trip unless I get out for a little overnighter before then, but two 5 mile days sounds good for a starter hike.

Hammock
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by ferret View Post
    If you dont mind doing a little teaching along the way and dragging a new person along I'd like to try and make this one. It could be my first backpacking trip unless I get out for a little overnighter before then, but two 5 mile days sounds good for a starter hike.
    hey Ferret!

try to get out in your back yard as much as you can before MAHHA - cooler temps will be the biggest challenge, not miles. seeing if you are warm and comfortable at night with your current set-up will very important

Will do. I experienced my first bout of CBS last year and have been determined to never have it happen again. Went on an early spring camping trip this year where it got down to 30ish and survived that, but I will try to get a couple more practice runs in before the trip.

Hammock
    UL BMBH
    Tarp
    CloudBurst
    Insulation
    Phoenix & Stealth
    Suspension
    Whoopies & DutchTi
    We should get a head count for the pre-hike - get an idea of what we'll need shuttle wise.
    Support: HammockGear - Zpacks - Jacks R Better - DreamHammock - Dutchware - AHE - Black Rock - Grand Trunk

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by R00K View Post
    We should get a head count for the pre-hike - get an idea of what we'll need shuttle wise.
    I agree on the head count. Now, what is the best way to do that? Ideas, suggestions? Put it on this thread then you'll have to go over all the posts from here on. That would work, I guess. Someone gets a Pm if you are going? Hmm! I don't know. I just know I'm on the -I'm In- list!
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    From the posts to this point the Wed. list looks like it is MML, ROOK, kayak karl, ferret, sweetbabyd and Two Tents. Fri. list so far fubba28, perrito and Dylan .If I missed anyone-get on the real list whoever/however that is going down.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast