Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    MacCat 12 x 10 sil
    Insulation
    3 Seas. Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps
    I just got the UPSP tracking info today! Next tuesday, Brian says he should be shipping my custom black sil 12x10 MacCat. Last purchase will be a tarp line from Opie and I'll be lovin' life from my new summer habitat!
    Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger. {James 1:19} .

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Quote Originally Posted by oneonone View Post
    Next tuesday, Brian says he should be shipping my custom black sil 12x10 MacCat.
    wait wait.. who's Brian ? I tought The Perfect Trees was own by Adam and it was a 1 man operation.. and he make custom tarp ? ?

Brian from Warbonnet ?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DocBurN View Post
    wait wait.. who's Brian ? I tought The Perfect Trees was own by Adam and it was a 1 man operation.. and he make custom tarp ? ?

Brian from Warbonnet ?
    Brian from OES

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    MacCat 12 x 10 sil
    Insulation
    3 Seas. Incubator
    Suspension
    Straps
    Sorry for the confusion. I was reflecting on the progress in my pursuit to acquire masterpieces from some of the Hammock Forums contemporary artisans. Blackbird from Brandon @ Warbonnet, MacCat Tarp from Brian @ OES, 3 season underquilt (that I affectionately call my "Habitat" quilt) from Adam @ Perfect Trees, Dutch Clips by Dutch, and soon a TRL from Opie @ whoopieslings. I can only hope to one day be worthy of the craftsmanship that will so lovingly envelope my journeys down life's trails.
    Let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger. {James 1:19} .

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    i'm not a fan of waiting either....but trust me...it's worth it..
    his quilts are worth way more then what he charges ....
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlespaul View Post
    i'm not a fan of waiting either....but trust me...it's worth it..
    his quilts are worth way more then what he charges ....
    in my case, its not a patience problem but more of a "im-gonna-be-in-germany-in-3-weeks-and-if-the-package-arrive-while-in-Berlin-the-package-gonna-go-back-to-the-US-after-10-days-at-the-post-office" kind of problem..

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    DocBurn- No worries.. I am finishing up your quilt this weekend. It's shipping Monday. To others who mention that "it just showed up", we finally figured out the shipping process by emailing you a confirmation number to track it from the day it is shipped. It helps the anticipation!

And yes, when Adam started production, it was dozens of orders in a matter of 2-3 weeks at once, and they kept pouring in, and he was frantically trying to keep up. It's a HUGE bonus for us to start really catching up now. This mainly comes from converting a room solely to The Perfect Trees, and converting his wife to full time quilt maker. I love it, but I love more that I am able to do any of them with his standards now (he's tough, trust me ). Side by side with our matching Pfaffs, we make a great team. It's far more hours than a full time job, but the passion to work is there, and I cannot believe how excited we still get and the grins on our faces when we stuff them in the sacks, it's emotional. I'm not kidding around to benefit the company, you really DO get emotional when you've spent so much time working on one! Ok, back to work. Night, all!
    Last edited by thorwren; 05-15-2010 at 00:17.

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    oneonone - Your quilt shipped out on the 13th.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thorwren View Post
    DocBurn- No worries.. I am finishing up your quilt this weekend. It's shipping Monday. To others who mention that "it just showed up", we finally figured out the shipping process by emailing you a confirmation number to track it from the day it is shipped. It helps the anticipation!

And yes, when Adam started production, it was dozens of orders in a matter of 2-3 weeks at once, and they kept pouring in, and he was frantically trying to keep up. It's a HUGE bonus for us to start really catching up now. This mainly comes from converting a room solely to The Perfect Trees, and converting his wife to full time quilt maker. I love it, but I love more that I am able to do any of them with his standards now (he's tough, trust me ). Side by side with our matching Pfaffs, we make a great team. It's far more hours than a full time job, but the passion to work is there, and I cannot believe how excited we still get and the grins on our faces when we stuff them in the sacks, it's emotional. I'm not kidding around to benefit the company, you really DO get emotional when you've spent so much time working on one! Ok, back to work. Night, all!
    Doc-BurN now the real hard part, Knowing that the post man is holding your quilt hostage untill he drops it off. Their have been people here on HF who have stalked their post man for their quilts . You will surely enjoy it.

And Thorwren. Ive thanked Adam numerous times and its now nice to meet and be able to thank you to for the wonderful quilts that you make as well. Thanks for all the hard work. Cant wait to get my summer quilts.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    WB Big Mama
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    Jedi Power NoCable
    Quote Originally Posted by thorwren View Post
    DocBurn- No worries.. I am finishing up your quilt this weekend. It's shipping Monday.

Holy "%?$&
    that is excellent news my friend..

and I can understand the part where you work for a long time on something that it start to get, in some way, emotional.. happen to me before. The only thing we can repay, beside buying the quilt.. and for me, taking some pictures of the quilt in action all around the world (once again, for my part, that quilt is going to see the deep wilderness of Canada)

Thanks for the headsup on the quilt!
    <--- Can't wait, editing my Insulation profil [there is no little advertising, everything counts]
    Doc

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast