Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer
    Those would be great for the backyard, next to the pond, listening to the water fall after a hard day at work.

I love the photo in your avitar. Is that one of your stands, and if so, I would love to have some information on that.

Images
    I like the hammock! And if anyone is interested in the website: TreeMount | Hammocks

Treemount, can you tell us the weight of the hammock w/o the spreader bar?

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Still looking
    Insulation
    KAQ, Speer
    I checked out their website last night and they have some great looking products. I love that stand for use in the yard. Can't find any pricing on the site though.

Hopefully he'll read the post and enlighten us!

Hum, my daughter is going to Thailand next month. Bet she could pick up some hammocks cheap!

Hammock
    LuxMatt TreeMounThammocks
    Tarp
    Colibri
    Insulation
    tropical weather
    Suspension
    Big Archy stand
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalin View Post
    I like the hammock! And if anyone is interested in the website: TreeMount | Hammocks

Treemount, can you tell us the weight of the hammock w/o the spreader bar?
    Hi, this hammock, with special pre-tensionned 9 mm rope and hooks is 3.8 kg.
    With the box for packing it goes to 4 Kg.

Will show some more about hammocks in the back yard high end sector, in another thread i started as soon as time permits...

Lost,
    if you daughter wants to make a stop over at our place she could try it out, some special deals are always possible for factory pick up stuff...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeMounT View Post
    Hi, this hammock, with special pre-tensionned 9 mm rope and hooks is 3.8 kg.
    ~8 lbs. without the spreader bars?

What do you like about this fabric?

Hammock
    LuxMatt TreeMounThammocks
    Tarp
    Colibri
    Insulation
    tropical weather
    Suspension
    Big Archy stand
    Images
    8lbs including spreading bars of 1 inch by 1.5 mm thick.. 1,2 mm could do as well.

The whole hammock in the carton box is 4 kg.

This BATYLINE fabric is doing extremely well in the oudoor environment. I does stretch very little and comes back with some sun rays on it.

The fine meshing gives soft sensation, very comfortable. I heard many people say at first test, wow, never enjoyed such a comfort on a hammock...

This material is used fo the biggest part in architecture for false roofing - decoration in office or various buildings...

Second to this it is used for huge advertising or building covering...

And as per our use, for the outdoor furniture and hammocks, it is some great material with low and specially easy maintainance. Used by all big names of outdoor furniture. Used on Day bed and sunloungers, chairs...

Batyline is a brand from French manufacturer Ferrari. There is one famous American manufacturer in the market, but forgot name.

Some call this tissue Textylene... Used for the trampoline matts as well...good properties about not tearing off...excellent outdoor resistance.

Somehow not cheap, but then if it resists 5 to 10 year,(or more) finally it is very cheap on the long run...

Images
    8lbs including spreading bars of 1 inch by 1.5 mm thick.. 1,2 mm could do as well.

The whole hammock in the carton box is 4 kg.
    I wonder how many pounds the spreader bars weigh? It looks like in the picture the bars are made of metal. I am just trying to get an idea of how heavy the actual body of the hammock is. Some of the folks here use hammocks that could employ spreader bars, but they substitute their trekking poles instead. So, if the actual body of the hammock was not too heavy, it is possible that your hammocks could be used for backpacking.

Thanks for all the info regarding Batyline. I searched for the fabric, and it appears Batyline is the hot commodity among the outdoor furniture folks! I could not find a place to buy it, though. Do you know of a place a person could get the Batyline? (Or even something similar?) Or is it only available to the big boys?

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalin View Post
    I wonder how many pounds the spreader bars weigh? It looks like in the picture the bars are made of metal. I am just trying to get an idea of how heavy the actual body of the hammock is. Some of the folks here use hammocks that could employ spreader bars, but they substitute their trekking poles instead. So, if the actual body of the hammock was not too heavy, it is possible that your hammocks could be used for backpacking.

Thanks for all the info regarding Batyline. I searched for the fabric, and it appears Batyline is the hot commodity among the outdoor furniture folks! I could not find a place to buy it, though. Do you know of a place a person could get the Batyline? (Or even something similar?) Or is it only available to the big boys?
    Did some googling around a while ago when TreeMountT started posting. The hammocks he sells are backyard hammocks, much heavier than the kind we talk about on HF as carrying on our backs.

Grizz

Hammock
    Hammaka HALO SE
    Tarp
    JRB 11X10
    Insulation
    My Poncho Pod
    Used for the trampoline matts as well......
    There ya go...if you've never put up a full size trampoline...you're in for quite a suprise...the mat is about 1/2 the weight of the whole thing! He's right when he says that it'll resist (...rot/decay) for 5 to 10 years...If you're wanting to try this material for hammock purposes...I dont think it would be feasible as a backpacking hammock...it does not fold nor compress very well and it's heavy....VERY heavy. That's why it's such a great outdoor furnature material. One way you could try it would be to look at your neighborhood yards...if you see a trampoline that's got springs missing or one that has leaves all over it....then it's more than likely not being used...the cost of a new mat is not worthy of replacment...it's cheeper to buy a new trampoline...so many folks will give it to you just to get it out of thier way. I was GLAD to give our last one away...
    Alex Williams
    Acts 10:13 "Arise Peter, Kill and Eat."
    Job 14:15 "Call upon Me and I shall answer you."
    Williams Custom Calls

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12