HH Explorer Deluxe classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS+OC, 20 UGQ
    Suspension
    rings and straps
    NewtonGT,
    Thanks for the input on temp ranges. I am new to the whole hammock camping thing and your input is appreciated.

For me if I can't go out below 40 in the hammock then I have to have a tent. My allergies make spring and fall camping doable but not as enjoyable as weather when we still have some sub 32 degree nights. What that means is I am reading/trying so many different things trying to go colder without breaking the bank. Fortunately I can go out in the yard (acreage dweller) and hang the hammocks to try new ideas and if I get to much CBS I can just walk the 100yards or so to the house, granted it still costs my pride a high price but I can do it.

Huauqui

Images
    "It was a great video, I like BillyBob, was surprised he showed retying all the knots over and over and then realized how by doing so he had given you a complete vision of all it would take to do the add on and in so doing one should have no surprises upon buying it. He could have jammed it all on at once and it would have left some confusion I think, but maybe thats just me."

The newer super shelters are split on the ends and close with a toggle and a bungee pulled through a loop, so they can be installed without untying the suspension to get each piece on.

Ragnall

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe classic
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    HHSS+OC, 20 UGQ
    Suspension
    rings and straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnall View Post
    "It was a great video, I like BillyBob, was surprised he showed retying all the knots over and over and then realized how by doing so he had given you a complete vision of all it would take to do the add on and in so doing one should have no surprises upon buying it. He could have jammed it all on at once and it would have left some confusion I think, but maybe thats just me."

The newer super shelters are split on the ends and close with a toggle and a bungee pulled through a loop, so they can be installed without untying the suspension to get each piece on.

Ragnall
    Thanks for that tid bit Ragnall! That would make the whole deal much quicker to put up.

huauqui

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by huauqui View Post
    Thanks for that tid bit Ragnall! That would make the whole deal much quicker to put up.

huauqui
    it really does haha. I have the old style. and yea the 15 degrees is really pushing it but most people can go a good bit below 40. and remember it is a sleep system and you can add other insulation and make it go even lower
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12